Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Update bywingnut; PASSWORD NO LONGER NEEDED, THE MAP ISNOW SETIN THE FORUM TEMPLATE[/align]

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Still not loading in FF :?:?:?

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I get it loading in FF, Bob ... but I can't enter any data. :laughing:

I'll try it with Interneet Exploder

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yeah same here. map comes up ok, but cant make any entries either. i use Internet explorer.

am i missing something or what.

i was able to enter data on the last map a few years ago.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I must be a complete retard... I cannot find any way to activate the map to add my info...

[align=center]"We ain't too smart... but we like to party!"
[/align]

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

The add entry link seems to be missing today, needs to be fixed. Get wingnut junior back on the job, he knows what he is doing. ;)

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

This is great - often wondered what the membership demographics looked like.
I hope more place their markers.
A little surprised no one is using the different types of markers (just a few different colors). I chose the Sunflower just because no one else is using anything different.
Thanks again for being the greatest forum on the web - bar none.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

BenMilner wrote:
The add entry link seems to be missing today, needs to be fixed. Get wingnut junior back on the job, he knows what he is doing. ;)
Yes, it looks like Dylan fixed it, and Steve unfixed it again. Give it a few hours and Dylan will probably have it sorted again.

·
Administrator
57,342 Posts
imported post

Try logging in with your own account name, if you don't have one, use your email address and create one.

I used FF and it worked just fine for me, I have been able to change all of the details, media info, changed my avatar.

I think it is a very neat addition to our forum. Helps me with the where are they? question....

Make sure you Bookmark your own private Details link. That way you can go back and edit your own location with new details. I did just that and have gone back 3 or 4 times just to see if that works, and it does.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

SaiBeer wrote:
This is great - often wondered what the membership demographics looked like.
I hope more place their markers.
A little surprised no one is using the different types of markers (just a few different colors). I chose the Sunflower just because no one else is using anything different.
Thanks again for being the greatest forum on the web - bar none.
I didn't think about using other symbols, but I used a white marker to match my bike.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

OK-- got it done. the add marker was there this time.

·
267 Posts
imported post

Done.

Regards, Tony.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
imported post

Worked this time for me, thanks for fixing it. I like the way the list of members who listed themselves pops up too.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

I did notice something on Goggle maps, its a newer picture, than was there a few months back....How do I know????....My white Jeep is parked in front of my trailer that you can see the blue cover over the Wing, and to the right of my Jeep is my blue Areostar....Yup a newer picture.....I'm marked in Green......For those I have tried to explain how wild the PO of this house added onto it you can now get a better idea....

The light colored panels on the roof going south, is the green house, the dark colored cover on the west side is my two car port cover, then my two car man cave....You can see in my back yard the tin roof of a 24x24 patio, and the two story addition...I've got plenty of room to hide..OH yeah the rusty roof little building in the corner is my tool shed, gardening tools mowers etc...After this summers drouth I don't know if my mower will even crank....:shock:....It's really my dog house but I'm not claiming it and that's my story and I'm sticking to it....

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
imported post

96aspencade wrote:
1st Canadian eh ? , but I can't get the map to load in Firefox :?
Thanks Dylan
[align=center]it works in FF but not in all the forum skins/themes yet,,, im fixing that now. my Dad wouldnt leave it alone when i already had the ADD button working so i have to do it again :watching:.
i got all the map functions working now, the members list, search and all the other stuff. for $33 every 3 months we may as well have all the bits we can get outa them

i want to move the members map link, mugshots link and members list all up beside each other too because they are all over the place ..
[/align]

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
imported post

[align=center]i have it working in most of the themes now,, a couple of them dont display the map properly and i need to adjust some properties in them.. i can do that during the week,, for most of the themes it is working good now.
[/align]

·
Just one of the guys
4,771 Posts
imported post

I see it put my pin in my neighbor's field. I can't figure how to edit it. All I see for buttons is an add.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
imported post

DougW wrote:
I see it put my pin in my neighbor's field. I can't figure how to edit it. All I see for buttons is an add.
[align=center]you shoulda saved the edit link it gave when you added yourself first. that link lets you pinpoint on the map if you didnt get it right first time.
if you lost the edit link, just add yourself again and zoom in on the spot you want to pin. i can delete your oringnal entry afterwards..

or you can find the exact coords you need on the map and send me a pm,, and i can edit it for you..
[/align]

·
Administrator
57,342 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
That little problem is exactly why I chose to enter the actual lat/long coordinates for where I wanted that pin to go.

Then I saved the edit link so I can go back later and change my avatar, etc...

The street address system in my area is off by a 1/4 mile in some places.

21 - 40 of 116 Posts