Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
imported post

I think it locates us by IP address, and we know that isn't reliable because it usually hits the last hop before our homes.
I saved the supplied editing link and it let me drag the pin exactly where I wanted it to be.

The best option is to zoom in close and plant the marker in the correct spot in the first place.

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
imported post

wingnut junior wrote:
DougW wrote:
I see it put my pin in my neighbor's field. I can't figure how to edit it. All I see for buttons is an add.
[align=center]you shoulda saved the edit link it gave when you added yourself first. that link lets you pinpoint on the map if you didnt get it right first time.
if you lost the edit link, just add yourself again and zoom in on the spot you want to pin. i can delete your oringnal entry afterwards..

or you can find the exact coords you need on the map and send me a pm,, and i can edit it for you..
[/align]

I added a new one so it is where it belongs. I still don't see an Edit link, but I guess I won't worry about that. Just go aheade and delete the original. Thanks again for your help.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
590 Posts
imported post

The list ont he right hand side of the map has a number next to the names; the numbers don't seem to match the numbers on the pins????
Great idea though!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

DougW wrote:
I added a new one so it is where it belongs. I still don't see an Edit link, but I guess I won't worry about that. Just go aheade and delete the original. Thanks again for your help.
The edit link only comes up oince when you make your entry Bob, you have to copy and save it for future use. The reason for that is so nobody else can alter your entry.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

mechtech1 wrote:
The list ont he right hand side of the map has a number next to the names; the numbers don't seem to match the numbers on the pins????
They are not supposed to. The numers on the right are only for reference so we can scroll down and see how many people are using the map. If you click on any of the numbers on the right and wait a few seconds, the correct entry pin for that personwill pop up.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

My FF 8 is still not loading the map :?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

It works fine for me in Firefox 8.0 Bob. I also tried it in IE8 and Chrome, lads fine there too. You might want to check your settings in Firefox in case you have it set to block the map.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Ok, just like my electrical issues, played long enough & got 'er goin', the problem was a FF ADD-On called "Disconnect" that blocks maps for some reason:?

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Well done Bob. I must say it's great to have the members map back. A lot of us missed it when the original one broke.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

You need to have saved the URL the map gave you when you set your pin. It's like a password link that lets you move it.

If you didn't save the link, ask one of the admins to move the pin for you. Make sure to give them the exact location you want it moved to.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

GoWing wrote:
You need to have saved the URL the map gave you when you set your pin. It's like a password link that lets you move it.

If you didn't save the link, ask one of the admins to move the pin for you. Make sure to give them the exact location you want it moved to.
Exactly right.

If you realized that you needed to save the link when you set your location, you probably would have put it in your favorites. Any chance it's there?

·
Senior Something
13,258 Posts
imported post

I have the link, when I try it says I need a moderator log in to delete it.

EDIT
Well, I just moved the old pin and deleted the new one I added.

41 - 60 of 116 Posts