Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I never tried to download it, never thought once about trying it.

Just looked again, and I don't see an option to download it.

For those interested, it's in the FIRST POST,... "CLICK HERE" button.
Scroll down for the 'download' button. BUT, be forewarned, you get a bunch of garbage with it.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts

For those interested, it's in the FIRST POST,... "CLICK HERE" button.
Scroll down for the 'download' button. BUT, be forewarned, you get a bunch of garbage with it.
That link is the same one that appears at the top of the forum pages under Quick Links....

but, I have never found a Download Button...

the only thing I see is a box to enter member names, and "Locate" or "GeoSearch"

I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results on all of them.

I see that you can print the maps, but with just a Black & White printer, that is not much use. I just pull the data off and stuck it in my notebook for those who are close enough for me to want their info.

I did find a "new member" to me, he is up the road north about 20 miles, sent him an email and got his phone number, will be seeing more of him "real soon now".

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
That link is the same one that appears at the top of the forum pages under Quick Links....

but, I have never found a Download Button...

the only thing I see is a box to enter member names, and "Locate" or "GeoSearch"

I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome with the same results on all of them.

I see that you can print the maps, but with just a Black & White printer, that is not much use. I just pull the data off and stuck it in my notebook for those who are close enough for me to want their info.

I did find a "new member" to me, he is up the road north about 20 miles, sent him an email and got his phone number, will be seeing more of him "real soon now".
Someone's playing with things... The "Download" is now gone.
Maybe it's because I don't know how to operate the map but I see no use in it.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
actually it is pretty easy to narrow down a particular section of the map to find some potential friends in an area.

I just zoom into the area I want, or use the GeoLocate feature for a zipcode and miles radius. for my search, I stuck in 74053 and 50 miles, and I found a new friend only 16 miles north of me.... and low and behold, he attends the same church as our lifelong friends down the road just 4 miles....

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
actually it is pretty easy to narrow down a particular section of the map to find some potential friends in an area.

I just zoom into the area I want, or use the GeoLocate feature for a zipcode and miles radius. for my search, I stuck in 74053 and 50 miles, and I found a new friend only 16 miles north of me.... and low and behold, he attends the same church as our lifelong friends down the road just 4 miles....

Where do you put in the zip code? A box pops up when you click on the "locate" box but doesn't accept anything in it.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
Where do you put in the zip code? A box pops up when you click on the "locate" box but doesn't accept anything in it.

You got the cart in front of the horse :)

Did you see the white box to the left of the Locate Button?
That is where you enter the info you want to find.
It can be a zipcode, a city name, a username (partial works)
Then you click on the Locate button.

below is a picture of me entering 74053 zipcode for Oologah. It zooms in real tight at first, but I backed it out 2 or 3 clicks and found some new friends near me.

You then click on the map tack to see who that member is.

The yellow tack is my location, the blue one is ppgriggs who happens to be a church family member of a very good friend of ours... small world, eh?

The Red tack is Charlie Weaver, who is now known as "flylow". his username until this week was chas.weaver

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Aaaa, Thanks AZ. The blank box is hard to see. Not framed to heavy and partially covered by an ad. I get it now. :claps:Now if there was a way to contact them besides lookin' them up in the members list.

·
Administrator
57,435 Posts
Aaaa, Thanks AZ. The blank box is hard to see. Not framed to heavy and partially covered by an ad. I get it now. :claps:Now if there was a way to contact them besides lookin' them up in the members list.
Well, once you find them in Members List, ya just have to send them an email if they okay that, or a PM which they might not ever see.

I cheat :ssshh: , I look at their profile and email them anyway....

that was how I got in touch with my new friend up in Nowata, he had not been on the forum in a long time because of shoulder surgery.... doctor said no bike riding until the therapy sessions are history.

yeah, there is NO FRAME around the box for me to see. it is just a bit "whiter" than the rest of the bottom edge... not too good on the programmer's part there. The whole app is non-intuitive anyway.

I used to be able to edit previous information, now I do not see any way at all to edit existing info. I am going to see if I can get them to reply to me on that score.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
In Firefox, the map won't load at all. In Chrome, it loads just fine and has the download link. I attempted to change my current indicator in Miami, OK. No dice. I then tried to add myself in Rogers, AR. It showed for a few seconds and then disappeared. Oh well. Guess it'll stay in Miami, OK.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Well, once you find them in Members List, ya just have to send them an email if they okay that, or a PM which they might not ever see.
One of the problems with that is that when you add yourself to the map you don't have to use your user name here.:surprise:

I am going to see if I can get them to reply to me on that score.
Any luck with that?:ROFL:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Reviving this post from the dead. Just added myself on the Member-map! I was pleased to see how many 'Wingers are close by.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It took me a few minutes to figure out where the "Addition" button was... That'd be the "plus" sign in the top right corner... I sent the confirmation URL to myself in a private message so I'll (hopefully) be able to edit the info later should that change.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts