Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Visited their motorcycle museum in Ohio, but don't know anything about the organization.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

My insurance company gave me one year paid subscription....but after reading that publication for one year I came to the conclusion that if you don't ride a dirt bike, r a Harley, you are not in that "click" that they cater to....So when it came to renewal time, I didn't renew my subscription....I carried a membership for over 10 years from 1979 to 1989 and it seemed to be more geared to Touring and articles about touring....

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
imported post

You can find stats to bash anyone or thing you want to. I don't know enough about the situation to know if this article is slanted or not. I am an AMA member because they do fight legal battles for our rights as motorcyclists, and that is important because we are such a minority. I remember a number of years ago that the AMA fought for the rights of Ruger manufacturing employees who were being denied insurance benefits if they chose to ride a motorcycle. They won.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

They sure gave a lot of space in their museum to 40 years of Honda. Couple of rooms.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

I'm not a member. But this does seem to follow the, current, business model. What's the AMA been up too? Anything that benefits the MC community?

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Has anyone been to their museum. That right there should be enough for most people here to sign up. PLUS, they fight for Motorcyclists rights. I will support them every year until I die.:clapper:

As far as the CEO pay goes, sounds like just another executive taking advantage of the situation...no surprises.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Sounds like he's doing the same thing as all the other CEO's out there. Cut the worker bee's salary to make sure they get their bonus. I'm not sure how a CEO thinks they should be rewarded by making a company profitable by reducing it's workers benefits.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

jwhitmore44 wrote:
Sounds like he's doing the same thing as all the other CEO's out there. Cut the worker bee's salary to make sure they get their bonus. I'm not sure how a CEO thinks they should be rewarded by making a company profitable by reducing it's workers benefits.
It's more like the CEO gets rewarded for screwing the worker bees. In this case he rewards himself? Does the AMA have share holders?

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

No shareholders, a charitable (?) organization to my knowledge.Governed by a board of directors both appointed & elected.The group right now,a bit to cozy to my liking!Been a member for 35 yrs. New CEO comes in & guts the organizations leadership,cozies (I like that word!) up to all the phoney people in this sport & uses a "my way or highway" style of management,meanwhile BOD's sit back in their chairs & assume the "bobblehead" position :(

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
imported post

Scootertrash wrote:
No shareholders, a charitable (?) organization to my knowledge.Governed by a board of directors both appointed & elected.The group right now,a bit to cozy to my liking!Been a member for 35 yrs. New CEO comes in & guts the organizations leadership,cozies (I like that word!) up to all the phoney people in this sport & uses a "my way or highway" style of management,meanwhile BOD's sit back in their chairs & assume the "bobblehead" position :(
Sounds like the BOD is in on it, for some reason.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.