Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The spoiled under-30 crowd!!!

If you are 30 or older you will think this is hilarious!!!!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears. With their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning…uphill...Barefoot... Both ways

yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in h*ll I was going to lay a bunch of cr*p like that on kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that... I'm over the ripe old age of thirty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today.

You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a d*mn utopia!

And I hate to say it but you kids today you don't know how good you've got it!

I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the internet. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the d*mn library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalogue!!

There was no email!! We had to actually had to write somebody a letter, with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox and it would take like a week to get there!

There were no MP3' s or Napsters! You wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the d*mn record store and shoplift it yourself! Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio and the dj'd usually talk over the beginning and @#*% it all up!

We didn't have fancy cr*p like call waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called they got a busy signal, that's it! And we didn't have fancy caller id either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your mom, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, a collections agent, you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

We didn't have any fancy sony playstation video games with high-resolution 3-d graphics! We had the atari 2600! With games like 'space invaders' and 'asteroids'. Your guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like life!

You had to use a little book called a TV guide to find out what was on! You were screwed when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your a*s and walk over to the TV to change the channel and there was no cartoon network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday morning. Do you hear what I'm saying!?! We had to wait all week for cartoons, you spoiled little rat-b***ards!

And we didn't have microwaves, if we wanted to heat something up we had to use the stove ... Imagine that!

That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy.

You're spoiled. You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 60's, 70's, or the 80's!

Regards,
The over 30 crowd

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

lol...

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Wasn't it great :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
1,356 Posts
imported post

So true I wonder what they will be telling their kids

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Actually I wish I had been born 50 years earlier than I was. I wouldn't have to put up with folks that put their self first above everything else. Life was hard back in the early 1900's but so much simpler.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Actually I wish I had been born 50 years earlier than I was. I wouldn't have to put up with folks that put their self first above everything else. Life was hard back in the early 1900's but so much simpler.
I thought you were that old.......:?:?:?

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

kah92340 wrote:
So true I wonder what they will be telling their kids
Yup, I can hear my kids now:

We only had 3 gaming systems hooked up to our TV.

Our TV was only 52 inches.

We only had 1 car per person in our family.

We had to live with that crappy High Def and Blue Ray.

We had to drive instead of being teleported to NASSIR.

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Yea, walking 10 miles to school barefoot in the snow.........

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

GLester wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
I thought you were that old.......:?:?:?

Gene:waving:
Me??? I'm a young 58!!!!:waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
imported post

I was born in 76 im 32 years old. My son is mad at me because I wont get satillite tv and thinks he has it sooo bad because i wont buy him one of those fancy $200 handheld video games. He says i just dont understand because there was no such thing as color tv when i was a kid. whatever!! Kids

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

giz wrote:
I was born in 76 im 32 years old. My son is mad at me because I wont get satillite tv and thinks he has it sooo bad because i wont buy him one of those fancy $200 handheld video games. He says i just dont understand because there was no such thing as color tv when i was a kid. whatever!! Kids
Dag it Dad, I need Cartoon Network really bad!!!! Also the peer pressure is killing me, all my friends are slowly fading away because they don't want to come over to watch tv.:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::gunhead::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Yeah, they just don't know how good they do have it. They can't understand the idea of starting at the bottom and working your way up.

My first car was an old 4 door Rambler. I, and I do mean I, paid $300.00 bucks for it. I worked at the local gas station pumping gas and changing oil from about 16 on. Before that I would do any job I could during the summer for spending money.

Now they have to have their own cell phones. And if they can't have a $20,000 car, they don't want to be seen in it.

God forbid that they have to get out of school and go straight to work.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

lostinflorida wrote:
Yeah, they just don't know how good they do have it. They can't understand the idea of starting at the bottom and working your way up.

My first car was an old 4 door Rambler. I, and I do mean I, paid $300.00 bucks for it. I worked at the local gas station pumping gas and changing oil from about 16 on. Before that I would do any job I could during the summer for spending money.

Now they have to have their own cell phones. And if they can't have a $20,000 car, they don't want to be seen in it.

God forbid that they have to get out of school and go straight to work.

Reminds me of my very first job...Pumping gas for a whopping $5.00 PER DAY for 8 hours...meaning a whole sixty two and a half cents an hour.I had to ride my single speed/coaster brake bike 7 miles each way to get to work. I thought I was living the high life back then. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

I started out picking up empty coke bottles around and taking them to the store for the 2 cents a bottle you got.. 5 bottles and you could go to the movie..
First part time job was at a buck an hour.. I was working for an uncle and got the high pay......

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I actually found an old atari that still worked. When my kids complain that there games are boring and they need something new. I take theirs away and tell them that if they want to play they will play the atari. This only happened twice, they quit complaining

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

My first vehicle was a Little H, anyone know what that is? and the first electronic thing I had was a transistor radio, wow, way cool, and it pluged into the wall, no batteries.

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Was that the little Honda with the motorcycle engine in it ??
Those radios where cool alright you didn't have to wait for the tubes to get hot before it played......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.