Not open for further replies.

The perfect ride...

807 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  AndyB 
#1 ·
imported post

Twisties.

Shade.

Sun.

No clouds, no traffic. Just me and the bike. It ran so well, the road flowed, mile after mile...

Its enough to bring tears to the eyes.

No, wait, it was the june bug on the bridge of the nosethat caused the tears...:cheeky1:

See less See more
#2 ·
imported post

:shock:Ouch! Those hard shelled bug hurt!

I had some sort of soft bug hit right on the bridge of my glasses and splatter all in both eyes. Burned quite a bit.

#3 ·
imported post

You ought to try one of those things in your ear. Now that will hurt. Saw that one on "Untold stories of the ER" She said "Turn the helicopter off!!!!!!!"

#4 ·
imported post

Took a Large grasshopper to the knee couple of weeks ago, felt like a rock hit me.

Saw it coming from left to right, wind wing on the right side shoved it right sqare into my kneecap......

#6 ·
imported post

June bugs can be tough...a friend of mine had gotten stranded in Richmond, Va. and needed a ride back to Norfolk, Va. during the summer of '72.Me beinghome ported in Norfolk, hecalled me for a ride and I jumped on my Sporty to go get him.

One the way back, I decided to see just how fast the Sporty would go as another friend of mine and I had just balanced and blueprinted the engine. We were winding it up on I64 when the guy on the back of the scooter saw one of the 'new' radar tripods that the Virginia State Police had set up. We were both leaned forward over the bike to go fast as it would, and he raised up to see if there was a cop just ahead. Of course there was...

When he did, he got a June bug right between the eyes...we were going 107 mph. I know that because the trooper gave me a warning ticket. Yeah, that's right...a warning ticket. He was laughing so hard at my friend who was trying to dig the bug parts out of his forehead I really didn't think he would ever get the ticket written.

By the next day, my friends face had turned black, blue, yellow, and few other colors I've never seen from bruising. I told him he was lucky it wasn't a Texas grasshopper...:D

#8 ·
imported post

All this stuff really hurts. Years ago, on my Harley, I took a small bird in my knee. It's beak actually broke off in my knee so when I got stopped, I pulled it out and went on. That spot still gives me trouble now and then but not as bad as the nail I put in my other knee.:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.