Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cyclebusters.com
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 76 GL1000 in real nice shape 4 years ago, 50,000 miles and a hole in number 2 Piston. 3 years ago I bought a rolling frame with 26,000 one owner miles the grandson was going to make into a bobber, but ran out of skills and money, after he sold the mint body kit, and sawed the frame. I got a GL1100 and the project became a when and if part time frame off repair. So tonight I drained the tank, put in a new filter, added fresh gas and turned the key. it cranked a bit as it filled the carbs. popped a few times, and I had to choke it to make it fire. then I looked down and number 1-3 plug wires were off and hanging, from the air cut off installation. :ROFL:

SO I hooked them up, and it fired right up. very little smoke, as most of these garage queens hide the sun for an hour. within about 10 seconds it was purring away. Seriously this GL1000 sounds like a brand new car. :claps:

Ok I am convinced. I wanted to hear it run. But even though the belts appear new, the radiator comes off tomorrow and new belts go on. :lash: Too nice to risk. I am pulling the tires off and putting new on as well. And plating it for next weekend.

Overall the time actually spent building it was not bad. most of the time was lost chasing here and there getting all the best stuff I owned onto it.

I have a 76 with 36,000 one owner miles on it here and this one runs as well and sounds as nice. now all i need is more chrome and lights. Its a naked bagger, brown, and in need of paint, but I like it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.