Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The Second Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In!!!

This years Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In will be held on the weekend of “October the 7th & 8th” at “The Marlinton Motor Inn” just 3.2 miles north of the stoplight in Marlinton at the intersection of US-219 & SR-39, on the left and if you will be coming south it will be 18.1 miles from the Snowshoe Ski resort SR-66 on the right...

There is a Marathon gas station about 100 yards north of the motel on the same side of the road...

Either way you elect to travel please plan your trip so that you will arrive long before dark, these are very twisty roads and it will be easy to have an accident at dusk or dark...

The URL for the Marlinton Motor Inn
http://www.marlintonmotorinn.com/
Rt. 219N ~ Marlinton, WV 24954
Phone: (304)799-4711
Toll Free: 800-354-0821
Fax: (304)799-7402
GPS --- 38.266308,-80.092574

At the time of registration:
Singles, ------------------------------ $53.95
Doubles, ----------------------------- $63.95
Dinner Friday night will be, ------ $16.50
Dinner Saturday night will be, --- $22.50
Breakfast ---------------------------- $07.99
Smoking or non?

Please tell them that you are a member of the Darksiders...

Anyone planning on attending, please, PM Murgie with your information...

If you will put this GPS in Google maps and search then click on street view you can see what you’ll be looking for when you arrive...

Where you see the two red, one blue and one gray vehicles parked is where the office is...

There is camping less than a mile south of the motel...

When you call to make your reservation please tell them how many are in your party and make sure you tell them at that time you want to have the dinners and or breakfast also...

There are two dinners planed, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday evening...

They will have breakfast for those that want to eat before riding...

There will be plans for riding:

Anyone planning on attending one of these rides below, please, PM Murgie with your information as to the one you want to be on...

Thursday, 6th leaving at 8 AM.
A “Fast spirited ride” with “NO TRIPLE DIGIT RIDING” of about 400 miles of riding... I would love to make it a longer ride but the lack of good daylight will prohibit this... Way too many critters running around this time of year for playing in dusk or dark, here...

Friday, 7th leaving at 8 AM.
A “spirited ride” at a bit slower pace of about 350 miles of riding...

Saturday 8th leaving at 8 AM
A sightseeing ride, at or around the speed limit...

If there is enough interest and participation, there will be multiple rides each day to hopefully accommodate everyone’s needs...

And the most important part of a Goldwingers life, there is a “Dairy Queen” 2.5 miles south of the motel on the left going south...

Places of interest near by:

“Dairy Queen”

The Greenbrier Hotel

“Dairy Queen”

Cass Scenic Railroad

“Dairy Queen”

New River Gorge Bridge

“Dairy Queen”

Babcock State park

“Dairy Queen”

Spruce Knob

“Dairy Queen”

Seneca Rocks

“Dairy Queen”

And all the twisties you can handle for a weekend...

Did I say anything about there being a “Dairy Queen” being just 2.5 miles down the road??? __________________
GOD bless you and yours...

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Just an FYI.....You will not get any cell phone service from any provider while at the Marlinton Motor Inn.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Snorebabe wrote:
Just an FYI.....You will not get any cell phone service from any provider while at the Marlinton Motor Inn.
Thanks for the info Snorebabe. No distractions and we can enjoy the ride!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Absolutley no distractions. We stay here everyJuly as my mom is from Pocahontas County and we attend family reunions up on Droop, Mt. The folks at the MMI are as friendly as they come. We usually sit out under the tree in the front or along the porch and visit with family until the wee hours. Whilewe were there in July, several folks were trying to use their cell phones not knowing that because of the NRAOthat there are no towers for cell phones so several rode up to Snowshoe Ski resort for cell phone service as they are not in the path of NRAO. Hope all that attend this event have a great time. It's surely a relaxing place.

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Snorebabe wrote:
Absolutley no distractions. We stay here everyJuly as my mom is from Pocahontas County and we attend family reunions up on Droop, Mt. The folks at the MMI are as friendly as they come. We usually sit out under the tree in the front or along the porch and visit with family until the wee hours. Whilewe were there in July, several folks were trying to use their cell phones not knowing that because of the NRAOthat there are no towers for cell phones so several rode up to Snowshoe Ski resort for cell phone service as they are not in the path of NRAO. Hope all that attend this event have a great time. It's surely a relaxing place.
Y'all should ride up and join us!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
imported post

Wish we could, but we're working on attending another event the prior weekend and if we do then Snorebaby will have to work the weekend of this event. Is this held around the same time every year?

·
Premium Member
68,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yes, Last year we were in Summersville, W VA. A great bunch of guys and gals!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I'm so glad you posted this gathering Rocketman, I can get off that weekend and will be riding over there to ride with you guys. :action:

I've ridden just about all over this country of ours and haven't found any better motorcycling rods anywhere than is that area...
:july4thflag:

I been to the one in GA for the past two yeas and I was going back down to there gathering this year too until I found out it had been moved up to the second week of September, can't make that one...
:baffling: '/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/baffled.gif

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

This is only 3 hours from my house. I don't think I will be able to make it though. Maybe next year, but who knows for sure. If some of you can make it to the North Eastern M&G the previous weekend It would be great to see you.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

pcfix_3 wrote:
This is only 3 hours from my house. I don't think I will be able to make it though. Maybe next year, but who knows for sure. If some of you can make it to the North Eastern M&G the previous weekend It would be great to see you.
Hey, pcfix if you can met up with us at the gas station at US-250 and US-220 somewhere around 10:00 or 10:30 AM on Saturday October 8th and riding up US-220 to US-33 and over to Seneca WV for lunch you would get to meet a lot of your fellow DS riders and still not have to ride to far for lots of fun...

Dick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.