Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Didn't know a dammed thing about them as I had never had one. I wanted a long distance bike but wasn't sure. BMW, Motoguzzi, Honda. The Honda had a reputation, more of them available and so therefore cheaper, so that's what I got. Firing on only two cylinders. I poured carb cleaner to it and all the gunk just ended up on my exhaust valves. I lapped them twice. Rode it and built a trailer and a hitch. Did the western continent. Twice. It became more than a bike. Then was the day I had to let her go. Stripped down totally chopped and bobbed. When you twisted the throttle it would get your attention. I'd only removed the Vetter, the BMW bags and a fourth of the frame weight. Replaced the seat and added tuning to it. Pretty hot Goldwing. Blew me away. Now I have the next generation. Guys my age move slowly from something familiar. We did The Rockies twice in three years. North and South. East and west. That is one cool state, Colorado. I hope to do the Carolina and Kentucky thing on this one. The first one was a good one too. Just outside Creed on the Rio Grande I would start a fire and start brewing coffee. My wife needed to pee but she wouldn't get up until she smelled coffee. I'm not sure I could train my cat to ride a motorcycle. She only trusts me so far. I'm not sure I want to go to all the trouble of establishing relationships with women. Cats are better company at this point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Tom; I really like your style, and your ramblings. This place is begining to draw me into a reading-room like atmosphere. Maybe it's time for you,C.J., Broke and a few others to start working on a book... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Tom; I really like your style, and your ramblings. This place is begining to draw me into a reading-room like atmosphere. Maybe it's time for you,C.J., Broke and a few others to start working on a book... :gunhead:
+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.