Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

84 1200 standard. I rock it to neutral and fire the engine. Let it warm a while and kick it in gear and it lunges forward. Once warmed, that goes away. I've known this bike for ten years but have only owned it for the past two. I do know that the previous owner had a bitch of a time breaking the clutch loose when it was coldten years ago.

Now when I put it into gear cold, it slams and lurches forward.

Once it's warm, it works perfectly.

Using Rotella and MMO.

I'm considering going to synthetic.

The longer I let it warm up in the morning the less it slams and lurches.

It's disgusting to me because it's like old people having sex.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
It's disgusting to me because it's like old people having sex.
i dont even wanna think about it

now, why are your running mmo? are you using it on a regular basis?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

sctrucker back when my brother gave me the bike I spent a month or two doing nothing but working on the thing. When When I had finally finished it I rode it to Colorado and back and it did fine. Then it started a clattering on first few rotations. I figured dirty check valves. MMO could address this, maybe.

I've always run good natural oil. Lately Rotella. I'm thinking of switching. Shifting gears is sure making a lot of noise lately.
I've had good luck with Mobile 1. It's so dammed expensive though. Shouldn't I be able to get some help from the government?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
I've had good luck with Mobile 1. It's so dammed expensive though. Shouldn't I be able to get some help from the government?
if they will give someone multiple thousands to find out why kids fall off tricycles ten you have a chance:ROFL:

i dont think i would run mmo constantly, it could be a problem with your clutch, i may be wrong but i think mmo is made to clean the inside of the engine, this may not be letting oil adhere to the clutch parts?

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

ya never know, stranger things have happened

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.