Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, OK, there are a lot of things I like best about this forum, but the thing I notice on a daily basis is that members are so very polite and patient with new and old members alike...

Give yourselves a pat on the back guys (and gals) for doing such a great job and making everyone (myself included) feel so welcome and not having to worry about asking that "stupid question"...

Of course we all know there are no stupid questions except maybe the one not asked...

A great forum to be sure and a great job by all involved...;)

Les

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
I have for years told new members that there is no such thing as a "Stupid Question", and here you will get no stupid answers......

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,644 Posts
I am of the opinion that there are no stupid questions, only stupid replies to a question not well understood.

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
Getting ready for this spring I have purchased:

Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Leisure light cot
Colman stove / grill combo
Kermit Chair
Tarp system
New to me trailer
New front tire

This "free" website is expensive!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Thats why! :)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
That is totally false. I offer stupid answers frequently.
Me too!!!! Alright, who is ready to argue about oil, deer alerts, or tires now!:ROFL:

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
Well, OK, there are a lot of things I like best about this forum, but the thing I notice on a daily basis is that members are so very polite and patient with new and old members alike...
Though some do bubble close to the surface on some subjects...

I agree with you though!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I don't post much because, compared to many people here, I just don't know enough to contribute a lot. But I've been around the forum for a year and a half or so now and I agree that the people on here are the nicest, most helpful people around.

I frequent a guitar forum and wow, some nasty people constantly making condescending comments, tearing new people up and being seen as heros for it. Some have thousands of posts but if you weeded out the mean spirited ones most of their posts would probably disappear. Love coming here and just seeing helpful, nice people communicating about a common love who would bend over backwards to help each other out. Very few disagreements and those tend to be quite civil.

One question though, which is the best oil and should my next rear tire be a car tire?

JUST KIDDING........!!!!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
True dat! Our society is getting so uncivil. Nice to see civility here. - Sirkitrider
The younger the crowd in an online venue, the more likely the tone will lean towards coarsness and bad behavior. Good parenting seems to have taken a leave of absence. This is not a young crowd on average...and that works in our favor.

The folks here are GREAT, with a common goal of promoting all that's good in something they're passionate about...Motorcycling!:claps:

To Jo Ann and me the whole biking thing is about people, not so much about machines, and this Forum represents both...perfectly balanced, (and that's my favorite thing here).

·
Just one of the guys
4,833 Posts
The younger the crowd in an online venue, the more likely the tone will lean towards coarsness and bad behavior. Good parenting seems to have taken a leave of absence. This is not a young crowd on average...and that works in our favor.

The folks here are GREAT, with a common goal of promoting all that's good in something they're passionate about...Motorcycling!:claps:

To Jo Ann and me the whole biking thing is about people, not so much about machines, and this Forum represents both...perfectly balanced, (and that's my favorite thing here).

Yep, just a bunch of old softies on here

;)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
The demo's still surprise me.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.