Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
1,487 Posts
Hey guys

First off I want to thank you all for your patience for the past month with the site running slow and having to wait for this conversion for a good while.

We have finally completed the final stage of the conversion with only minor things to complete.

As you can see we have a whole new look and functions. If you scroll all the way down to your left side, you will see a drop down option to choose what theme you want to view the site. Try out the different skins we have for you!

Please be advised that the album pictures have NOT been fully converted yet as it will take us several days to convert the previous album. I advise not to re-upload any of the pictures that you had because it will re-appear once we complete the album conversion.

Also you will find a sub forum created to post all your concerns or report bugs that you may come across with. We will get it fixed asap as it is easier for me to find the reported issues in one sub forum.

Hope you enjoy it!

Marco
Admin

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Hi Marco,

Where is the A-Z Technical Index? It had over 1,200 entries all manually compiled from years and years of members posts. A major effort of work by the compilers and an essential first point of reference for any problems.

regards,

Martin.

·
Administrator
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We are still working on the A-Z index still same goes for the albums. We have made the site live for now so that goldwingfacts wouldn't be down for more than 24hrs. All the rest of the contents will eventually appear within the next few days.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Thanks for the update, can you make sure they relink to the watched threads. There were several I was using to assist people in troubleshooting problems on their wings.

Henry

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Thanks for the upgrade Marco. I think the site looks fine, looking forward to the other niceties that we had joining back into the fold.

The ads to me are not intrusive. I know they are there but they don't bother me. I would rather see a couple of banners and high lighted words and a fast forum than a slow forum........

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,631 Posts
Be sure you EDIT your OPTIONS

:) Thanks Marco,

and to all others reading this, go to the Control Panel and EDIT OPTIONS so that your time display is in the correct Time Zone.

Also, there are a ton of new features that you can turn ON/OFF.

It is going to take me a while to find all of the new stuff as I am not used to vBulletin. I have only casually used it on a few other websites.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I am not a big "how this forum looks" guy, but I am noticing that it moves significantly faster than before. No where near as much spooling when moving around. It does look nice too.

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Well hopefully it runs smooooooooth as a gold wing!!

I hate to see the ads but someone's gotta pay the bills to keep it running. Thanks to all who did the work so I could enjoy :)

It's been a while since I was real active on a vbuliten board so I'll have to learn my way around.

What's a lifetime premium member? Do I get a cookie or something? Not that it's special bc it looks like most everyone is.

Snap!! I clicked on post and in an instant it was there...seems fast so far!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
WOW! big changes...so cool !

·
New Guy
791 Posts
great job on the conversion - congrats!

nice to see the familiar / standard forums in place and the speed up to today's standards... very cool!

to the transition team, job well done!

·
Large Member
788 Posts
somewhat faster. Will need to re familiarize myself with it...

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
I tested all the themes. I think the 'Dark' theme is fastest. And looks nice and clean. When the new page first load I thought I was on webring page :)

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts

Thanks Marco the speed is up tonight and it is welcome.

Can anyone tell me how I would know if another member is signed on ? It used to show "on line".

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,527 Posts
Look at the bottom left corner of each post. there should be either a green round button, (on-line), or white with a blue "halo", (?), (off-line)....

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
I tested all the themes. I think the 'Dark' theme is fastest. And looks nice and clean. When the new page first load I thought I was on webring page :)
I had to go with the Red theme.......

It's the color of my Wing and .......

IT"S THE .........F A S T E S T COLOR!!!!!

For the fastest Forum!:D

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Look at the bottom left corner of each post. there should be either a green round button, (on-line), or white with a blue "halo", (?), (off-line)....

Thanks, got it.

Isn't it great, learning I mean.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.