Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

An awesome post and history of the beauty to be found in Europe! Thanks for sharing!

Dubs

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
imported post

Great pictures and the commentary made it even better.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
imported post

Wow... just... wow... That's a great writeup.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Thats awesome! How many of us have a log book and camera to show our adventures? I need to get both!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Amen

Great post Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

That is a lot of great pics. i will read the text later.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,198 Posts
imported post

Alan,

Thanks so much for investing the time to document the pictures. I stopped and read everyone of them.

Without your comments from your dad's writings, it would have been very blah.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Thanks Alan i really enjoyed that

·
267 Posts
imported post

Thanks for sharing the post. Iv'e already been on some of those very same roads over the past 3 years with my GL1500 and trailer. You should have seen some of the looks I received goingover the Grimsel pass from Switzerland to Northern Italy with the Wing and trailer in hot persuit. What a fantastic trip it was. I can only guess at what fun the group in the photographs had as well.

Regards, Tony.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Fantastic! Thx for sharing

Reminds me of my English friend who used to ride in that era... He mentioned how Long it would take to go a few hundred miles on thos old bikes, because they would break down so often. An implication of that was, when meeting someone a few hundred miles away, the message you'd provide them (by mail, ahead of time) was to "Wait for me by the clock tower [because every town had one] at noon until I arrive"... that host would then duitifuly sit at the clock tower Every day at noon, often returning for several days, until the visitor would finally arrrive! They simply did not know How Long it would take, to get from A > B, yet nobody cared... Time was Cheap then!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Thank You Alen that was a time when life was worth living unlike to day when every one is out for them self at 100mph. That is why I enjoy the Goldwing family we stop to smell the roses!!!!DQ to DQ.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Great Post, Allen!!!! Brought back memories as I started my motorcyling in 1962 on Brit machis ( Bsa mostly). Angela:applause::applause::applause::claps::claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice find Alan, I really enjoyed looking through and reading all the write up's by the son. :claps:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.