Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently that CJ is once again posting. Something must have awakened him from his winter nap and reminded him that the roads are beckoning, the Spring air is blowing warm again, the sun is warm on our faces and he is the only one to notice!
Get on that iron horse and ride my friend! Store those skis, replace them with boots and riding gear! Ready yourself for the long warm days ahead and all the road in front of you has to offer!
Dubs

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
The warm air of spring may be blowing in your neck of the woods, but up here in the north country (Wisconsin) we are expecting a high of 18 degrees with wind chills around 0. Heck of a way to welcome in the first day of spring. With luck, and according to the advanced weather forecast, we may see a few days in the low 40's by the end of next week.

·
Premium Member
67,667 Posts
Know your feeling.. Sunday it was in the low 70s today First Day of Spring, RAIN

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Send some snow my way! I have firewood I need to burn! Got a couple hundred miles of riding in over the weekend. Darn sun---had to wear my sleeveless tee shirt and now my arms are sun burnt!
Dubs

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Send some snow my way! I have firewood I need to burn! Got a couple hundred miles of riding in over the weekend. Darn sun---had to wear my sleeveless tee shirt and now my arms are sun burnt!
Dubs
Dubswing, you won't get any sympathy from me. I think I remember the sun, maybe I better google it just to make sure.:praying:

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Dubswing, you won't get any sympathy from me. I think I remember the sun, maybe I better google it just to make sure.:praying:
Yeah I kind of remember it, last year on today's date factoring in the wind chill was 100 degrees warmer than today. I started riding at the end of Feb last year and the way it's looking now it may be the end of April this year.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All these negative vibes has caused us to have rain and snow last night 28 degrees this morning and a high in the 40s today. Drove the Jeep to work just in case there might be some slick spots on the way. Should be warm enough to ride this weekend if the mood strikes me.
I expect that the weather here will be crazy until after Easter; which is how it usually goes. We are blessed that we can ride pretty much all winter if we don't mind riding in the cold. My heated clothing has more than made riding comfortable even into the mid 20s if I've a mind to ride.
This will be my last year to work and if I continue to stay healthy I will have all the time in the world to ride whenever I want. I am looking forward to getting up and having to decide just what I want to do each day. Of course riding will always be at the top of the list!:)
Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
Still tons of snow up here, just waiting....and waiting....and waiting.....

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
30* and snow blowing here today. Sure hope spring comes soon. Talk about a bad case of cabin fever!!

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
The cold I could handle, but this spring the pot holes are really bad, some look more like moon craters and it seems like new one appear overnight. So I will at least wait for a bit so that it is lighter outside for my ride to work. Less likely to sneak up on me that way.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
Man it's just been lovely around these parts. Low's in low 50 to start and highs in mid 70's. Flowers are a blooming and my moustache fills with pollen. Man I hate that taste. But this weekend it's gonna get cold for a couple of days, down in to the upper 30's with highs in the 50's. Might have to get the leather back out. I thought I might be packing it away too soon.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This morning I backed the Jeep out of the garage and was greeted by blowing snow! It is still snowing but nothing is sticking; just cold and wet. Winter's last attempt to dampen our riding spirits! The weather usually gets much nicer in these parts after Easter passes.
Dubs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.