Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Sophisticated and jaded Brits, the poetic Irish, reverent Indians (both the Easternand American variety), Aussies, Kiwis, Canadians, Mexicans, Russians, Thais, and the rough Americans (*******, gangsta, teeny-bobber kid and grandaddy all), Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, and Zorastrian -- and what do they have in common?

They all love the motorcycle! They love the sun on their backs and their knees in the breeze! The gentle wind flowing down the mountain bench, or the wind roaring like a dragon over the desert sand...Brown, Black, White, Red and Yellow...... what does it matter when the road curls in front of you like the hair on your woman's neck?!? If I could take all the world leaders -- Ahminejahid, Chavez, Obama, Putin, Brown, even crazy old Kim Il Jung -- and make them ride Beartooth Pass, or the Escalante Staircase, or the Blue Ridge, or Susten Pass together..... well, at least for a time, the World would be safe and at peace......... Please God Let It Be.....

but then, it probably wouldn't work!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Criminey, I need some new interests!

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Right now we are on the island of Dominica. (not Dominican) We have seen several large bikes mostly Suzuki go fast bikes. In all our travels to the islands we have never seen roads with so many twists and turns. Hair pins turns galore and steep grades. Motorcycles make people here happy also.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Sadly there are all too few common bonds, but the motorcycle is definately one of them, how great it would be to get all the world leaders to NASSIR 2 and show them some brotherhood of man!!!!:action::clapper::action:

Wouldn't do some of them any harm to look in on this site sometime, they might get some lessons on how to conduct debates and so on. :):)

Wingnut for President/ Leader and Wexy for deputy, complete with axe!!!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Sophisticated and jaded Brits, the poetic Irish, reverent Indians (both the Easternand American variety), Aussies, Kiwis, Canadians, Mexicans, Russians, Thais, and the rough Americans (*******, gangsta, teeny-bobber kid and grandaddy all), Muslim, Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, and Zorastrian -- and what do they have in common?

They all love the motorcycle! They love the sun on their backs and their knees in the breeze! The gentle wind flowing down the mountain bench, or the wind roaring like a dragon over the desert sand...Brown, Black, White, Red and Yellow...... what does it matter when the road curls in front of you like the hair on your woman's neck?!? If I could take all the world leaders -- Ahminejahid, Chavez, Obama, Putin, Brown, even crazy old Kim Il Jung -- and make them ride Beartooth Pass, or the Escalante Staircase, or the Blue Ridge, or Susten Pass together..... well, at least for a time, the World would be safe and at peace......... Please God Let It Be.....

but then, it probably wouldn't work!

Surrealist one minute and a cynic the next. :cheeky1: The air out in Ellensburg getting bad? :cooldevil: Or maybe I'll just have some of what you're drinking! :blackstuff:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

lsgyger wrote:
Surrealist one minute and a cynic the next. :cheeky1: The air out in Ellensburg getting bad? :cooldevil: Or maybe I'll just have some of what you're drinking! :blackstuff:

Can't spell the first, but I'll admit to the second! The air is nearly always good in Ellensburg, except when we have a winter inversion.....then the fog becomes an evil thing: thick, cloying, unbreathable........ And you'll have to have some of what I'm not drinking! Been 12 steppin' for 19 years now, and that's probably the problem!It was always easier to stay happy when I was drunk, it was just tougher to stay alive!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

CJ,

I think that you need a vacation, seems like you're wound a little tight! :D

I guess cabin fever really getting you, huh?! :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Big Kahuna wrote:
CJ,

I think that you need a vacation, seems like you're wound a little tight! :D

I guess cabin fever really getting you, huh?! :cheeky1::cheeky1:
I'm retired! How do you get a vacation if you're retired? Go to work?

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

If so, Holey Pelosi! I'm done outa luck! Ain't no jobs, nohow!

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
lsgyger wrote:

Can't spell the first, but I'll admit to the second! The air is nearly always good in Ellensburg, except when we have a winter inversion.....then the fog becomes an evil thing: thick, cloying, unbreathable........ And you'll have to have some of what I'm not drinking! Been 12 steppin' for 19 years now, and that's probably the problem!It was always easier to stay happy when I was drunk, it was just tougher to stay alive!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
I love Ellensburg's location. Close enough to drive into a huge city (if you want to experience a different side), far enough away to stay pretty much unspoiled. I've seen some countryside in that area I'd love to explore on a Wing. Perhapsjust a ride around the Cascade Loop would be enough to bring world peace? A little trip toVantage tosee the wonders of Creation?

Also, good for you on the 12 steps! A clear head always allows us to appreciate life's little beauties more.

BTW, I'm the only native Washingtonian in the family - and I live on the eastcoast. Go figure. My daughter went to WSU - she had a car loose an engine just outside of Ellensburg on her way back to school from visiting my parents in Tacoma.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

lsgyger wrote
I love Ellensburg's location. Close enough to drive into a huge city (if you want to experience a different side), far enough away to stay pretty much unspoiled. I've seen some countryside in that area I'd love to explore on a Wing. Perhapsjust a ride around the Cascade Loop would be enough to bring world peace? A little trip toVantage tosee the wonders of Creation?

Also, good for you on the 12 steps! A clear head always allows us to appreciate life's little beauties more.

BTW, I'm the only native Washingtonian in the family - and I live on the eastcoast. Go figure. My daughter went to WSU - she had a car loose an engine just outside of Ellensburg on her way back to school from visiting my parents in Tacoma.
Ah ha! So you are in the know, sir...........! I grew up near the Tri-Cities (Wallula/Burbank), and left as soon as I was old enough to get away.... lived in Seattle during my glory years, going to the UW -- which I left while in an alcoholic haze. :shock: Workedin the T-C for awhile, before the state agency which hired me realized I really didn't have that Bachelor's degree that I told them I had! Gave me a year's leave of absence to go get it.... While I was driving through Ellensburg on my way back to Seattle,I happened to stopfor gas..... I was a climber by then, and Mt. Stuart was out all bathed in early morning alpenglow...... nailed me in place.... that was thirty five years ago! Never left! Got the necessary paper at CWU, and worked twenty eight years as a high school counselor. Place has been good to me...... Red is an Ellensburg Native, her family has been here for a century and a half......

The roads here are marvelous: I had to go to a KLR 650 for local work to cut down on gas bills! Seriously considered a Ninja 250, but I caught a look at myself on one in a shop window..... looked like I was sexually assaulting it! The big scoots weren't too available yet or they would have been an option, but the KLR fills the bill nicely.... one of our favorite day rides is down theYakima Canyon, Old Naches Highway, Highway 12 over White Pass, then Highway 123 over Cayuse Pass, and then East on Highway 410 over Chinook Pass back to Yakima. Splendid ride, and part of the Cascade Loop!

C'mon back and we'll chase some white lines together! Have you ever done the Mabton/Bickleton Highway? Kind of a local Deal's Gap....... And if you want to live in E-Burg, now's the time! House after house after house was built here on upside down loans, and are now dirt-cheap available.... good time to move here.....My son just got his Master's at WSU, architecture; crazy place, hey?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote
, even crazy old Kim Il Jung -

I'd love to see that one on a M/C. He'd probably have a Elvis hairdo and a big ol' Chopper. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
lsgyger wrote
Ah ha! So you are in the know, sir...........! I grew up near the Tri-Cities (Wallula/Burbank), and left as soon as I was old enough to get away.... lived in Seattle during my glory years, going to the UW -- which I left while in an alcoholic haze. :shock: Workedin the T-C for awhile, before the state agency which hired me realized I really didn't have that Bachelor's degree that I told them I had! Gave me a year's leave of absence to go get it.... While I was driving through Ellensburg on my way back to Seattle,I happened to stopfor gas..... I was a climber by then, and Mt. Stuart was out all bathed in early morning alpenglow...... nailed me in place.... that was thirty five years ago! Never left! Got the necessary paper at CWU, and worked twenty eight years as a high school counselor. Place has been good to me...... Red is an Ellensburg Native, her family has been here for a century and a half......

The roads here are marvelous: I had to go to a KLR 650 for local work to cut down on gas bills! Seriously considered a Ninja 250, but I caught a look at myself on one in a shop window..... looked like I was sexually assaulting it! The big scoots weren't too available yet or they would have been an option, but the KLR fills the bill nicely.... one of our favorite day rides is down theYakima Canyon, Old Naches Highway, Highway 12 over White Pass, then Highway 123 over Cayuse Pass, and then East on Highway 410 over Chinook Pass back to Yakima. Splendid ride, and part of the Cascade Loop!

C'mon back and we'll chase some white lines together! Have you ever done the Mabton/Bickleton Highway? Kind of a local Deal's Gap....... And if you want to live in E-Burg, now's the time! House after house after house was built here on upside down loans, and are now dirt-cheap available.... good time to move here.....My son just got his Master's at WSU, architecture; crazy place, hey?
In the know? Ah, you are too kind! I've been told by many that I have my head ...on the dark side of the moon. Or is that IN the dark side of the moon?

I was a dufflebag baby for 17 years - never enlisted (although did go for my pre-induction physical) and never drafted. I appreciate each and every one of you that have served for our Country.

I've got a picture of Mt.Stuart just as you describe - I was tempted, but had to snap the shot and move along. That was the morning after a looonngggg ride in a Hyundai Accentfrom Salt Lake City on my way to Bothell -stopped at Ellensburg and spent the night at the Comfort Inn. Next morning, got up and headed west - saw Mt. Stuart and thought to myself, "I have got to take a picture of that!" That's been a little over 10 years ago.

Was out your way again in June of 2003 with 2 kids (one mine, one hers) and the lady I was seeing at the time (that was between marriages to a different woman - another story, another time). We had camped in Coeur d'Alene the night before - stopped at Vantage and also stopped to take another picture of Mt. Stuart.

I will be joiningthe retirementranks sometime thisyear after 35 yearsinlaw enforcement. Although I will be doing something to occupy my time and help my wife live in the comfort of which she has become accustomed, WE would love to take that ride with you and Red someday. I may have a different (newer) bike by then, but Sarah, my wife, loves to ride as much as I do. She's the reason I'm getting my GL back on the road.

All the best - Larry

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Ahminejahid mentioned wanting a Harley but the muslims aren't real keen on pleasure bikes. Chavez has a Harley, three or four maybe, Obama is pretty much a bicycle guy, Putin has one of those old Russian bikes but says he's more into fly fishing, Kim Il Jung has a hyosung Harley replica but I'm thinking he likes his DimSum Tank better

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.