Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Where is this sender located? I am a recent purchaser of this bike and the fan has stiopped. The owner before me left a hugh wireing problem and before I start tearing the bike apart to replace somthing I would like to check if that is the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hi unsteadyriderand welcome to the message board. It's on top of the thermostat housing, ie behind the radiator. The front one is the fan switch and the one behind that (the thinner one) is the gauge sender.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys that is where I thought. Looks like a pain to get to.

I think I will put a manual switch in also like I saw at a different topic line.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You're going to have trouble if you rely only on a manual fan switch. Leave the fan on too much and it will wear out, not to mention drain your battery in stop and go, and sure as (favorite expletive) you will forget it on a hot day in traffic and the coolant will steam clean your britches.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

It's really not that tough to get to. You do have to take the radiator loose & move it forward in order to get your hand in to pull the plug, then you can get a socket in to crank it out & put the new one in. It took me around 45 minutes once I had the part. The tough part was waiting a week to get the part on those bright sunny days:) If you have to take the radiator hose off to get the radiator to move forward then you will have to drain the fluid & pull the seat off & the false tank. Still pretty easy to do. I was glad that I replaced the switch rather than to add the manual switch. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks Guys. Iwasn't thinking of the switch as a replacement but as a back up.

Sunny Days or not the bike is my only transportation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.