Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just wondering what everyone would be riding if there never was a Goldwing?

Maybe I'd be riding a Har.......naaaa...maybe a Bmw or ....can't imagine....:?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Since the purpose of my Goldwing is for commuting to/from work, I'd probably have a Honda ST-1100 with a Givi topcase added on for additional capacity.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

A Valkyrie :D

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I have my eyes on something like the Vstrom, the Varadero, or the Transalp. (2 out of 3 cant be had in the US).

I have been exploring Oregon, and dont like it when I get to the end of the road, out of pavement, and know that there are hundreds more miles to discover-on dirt...

I would prefer the Wee Strom (650). Dang near bought one in December, but had a little voice tell me to hold off. Turns out that was the day I found out about my company closing.

The good news? I have a wing that LOVE to ride!

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
imported post

Had a Honda Magna before my first Goldwing and enjoyed it.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

A silver wing painted Gold

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
imported post

I would probably be riding a Kawasaki Nomad. I really like them but whenever I would look, those damn Goldwings were always in my way!!!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

my BMW

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

My previous bike was an 1100 Shadow Spirit. I suspect I would still be riding that. It was a nice bike. In fact, I still have it.

I also like the BMW K1200LT, but after test riding both the LT and the Goldwing, I went for the wing - much better touring bike. The wing is more comfortable, more power, lower seat height, and much larger dealer (and other support) network.

I like the Valkyrie too. I wish they still made them.

Best wishes,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Valkyrie, no doubt. Had a Magna for a while, would LOVE to have it's bigger brother.

BTW I had an ST1100, it wasn't all that. My 83 Wing has it all over that bike, albeit much slower and with terrible brakes.

·
Premium Member
62,021 Posts
imported post

I'd still have mu ST 1100.. A rocket with a 7 1/2 gallon fuel tank...............

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
imported post

The 1100 Shadow Sabre I traded in on my GW. Wish I'd have just kept it, and bought the GW outright.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
imported post

Kawasaki Concours. I have one parked right next to the Goldwing. Both are very dependable bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
imported post

As long as it has 2 wheels, a motor, transmission, handlebars & is considered a motorcycle I'm pretty much good.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

I would be back on (or still on) the Yamaha XS1100. They haven't made them since the early 80's. I've owned several over the last 30 years, still great bikes, not the same category as the Goldwing, but when dressed, they look great and if maintained, they run great. I have I one in the backyard now (1978 model) that I am restoring.

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

Yamaha FJR1300. I have one plus my GL1500. For every riding situation except 2-up cross country the FJR is a much better ride.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

I would probably have an HD with quiet mufflers and a giant magnet on the back to pick up the partsas they fall off. :action:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
imported post

michaelhaney wrote:
I would probably have an HD with quiet mufflers and a giant magnet on the back to pick up the partsas they fall off. :action:
Dude........that is soooooooooooooo wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny as heck though. :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.