Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning and looked at my email, to my surprise there is an email from google, beginning to think it's the devil, there on my computer screen is a photo I took on my phone & did nothing else with. They say they enhanced it, I say they stole it. How the he!! did they get a photo off my phone? Why do they do this and how do I stop them?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Got up this morning and looked at my email, to my surprise there is an email from google, beginning to think it's the devil, there on my computer screen is a photo I took on my phone & did nothing else with. They say they enhanced it, I say they stole it. How the he!! did they get a photo off my phone? Why do they do this and how do I stop them?
I am going to guess it is an Android phone and you have auto backup. There you go, they have it. They are not supposed to do anything with it, you need to go into your settings and check your privacy settings.

·
Administrator
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose you are right but I can't even find privacy settings on it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There is a trick to that, get your grandkids to show you how. I always got one of my employees at work to show me the tricks on smartphones, I had an Apple then. Once I retired and got an Android I was lost.

·
Administrator
58,170 Posts
I suppose you are right but I can't even find privacy settings on it.
go to Google Play Store,
top left corner select My Apps
find Settings, then click on NEVER UPDATE,

find My Account:
turn off Emails from Google

Google Drive, turn off AutoBackup
google Photos, turn off AutoUpload

all of that crap is ON by default

you can do all of that from your laptop/desktop, it is a lot easier.

·
Administrator
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go to Google Play Store,
top left corner select My Apps
find Settings, then click on NEVER UPDATE,

find My Account:
turn off Emails from Google

Google Drive, turn off AutoBackup
google Photos, turn off AutoUpload

all of that crap is ON by default

you can do all of that from your laptop/desktop, it is a lot easier.

Tried that and nowhere can I find anywhere to turn off anything. I'm real close to going back to a dumb phone, getting real tired of being monitored everywhere I go and everything I do.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
I feel for you Dave. I am having a recent wave of ads for beard care products. Anyone who knows me knows I have a beard. Just how in the he!! do [they] know I have a beard? This includes email as well and recently texts. ??? Seems as though my robo calls are changing to text messaging lately.

·
Magic Moderator
4,386 Posts
I'd like to find a good old flip phone, I don't use all the stuff on a smartphone I got laptops for that and a bigger screen.

·
Administrator
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd like to find a good old flip phone, I don't use all the stuff on a smartphone I got laptops for that and a bigger screen.
The only things I like about the smart phone is the screen big enough to read text messages & view pictures on and voice to text, even though I don't like texting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts