·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Surging shoppers kill Wal-Mart employee

Reuters
November 29, 2008 04:00am
A WAL-MART employee in New York state's Long Island died on Friday when a throng of shoppers surged into the store and physically broke down the doors, a police spokesman said. The 34-year-old man was at the entrance of the Valley Stream Walmart store when it opened at 5 am local time and was knocked to the ground, the police report said.

The exact cause of death was still to be determined by a medical examiner.

Four shoppers, including a 28-year-old pregnant woman, were also taken to local hospitals for injuries sustained in the incident, police said.

The Friday after America's Thanksgiving holiday is known as Black Friday and marks what is traditionally the busiest retail day of the year, kicking off the Christmas shopping season.

US stores across the country opened in the early hours of Friday to offer discounts to consumers hit by a contracting economy. Hundreds of shoppers waited on line before dawn at some locations to secure deals on holiday gifts.

Representatives at Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, were not immediately available for comment.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

You greet em, I'll chase down the carts.....:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

It's not getting any better. Kill or be killed here in the U.S. Animals. All in the name of saving money???? Our society here in the U.S. is becoming more and more dangerous by the day.

BTW, Black Friday refers to the day when the retailers can maybe get into the "black" financially. I didn't know that until today, believe it or not. Makes sense as I thought the name ought to be Green Friday or "Kill the person in front of you because that IPOD that they are reaching for is the last one left" Friday.

Crazy sh** if you ask me.

BTW, I've decided to take up an old hobby of mine.......re-loading ammo for my guns:gunhead::):cooldevil:no....really.

Regards,

Ho Ho Hobie.......less than a month away:santahat::santawaving::realshocked::doh:

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
BTW, welcome back to the asylum Taffy.:waving:

Hobie
thanx hobie........i feel i have recovered enough to contribute :cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Registered
106 Posts
imported post

Good to see you back Taffy.

I didnt go shopping today

\;)

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
imported post

Another thing for this country to be proud of.:(

That and the two idiots in California thatshot each other in a Toys R Us because their wives' were fighting.

A gun fight in a kid's toy store....how low can ya get?

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
imported post

I can see the excitement build as the store was ready to open. What I can't believe is that the announced that the Walmart would closed because someone died. Some in the store response " I'm not leaving, I've been standing in line since yesterday". Absolutely unbelieveable.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
imported post

98Wing-487 wrote:
Another thing for this country to be proud of.:(

That and the two idiots in California thatshot each other in a Toys R Us because their wives' were fighting.

A gun fight in a kid's toy store....how low can ya get?
:shock: But California has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation! Don't all the liberals tell us thats what we need to be safe?

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well get this. Here in South Carolina both yesterday and today were tax free days on all gun sales. That's right, no state sales tax on any gun purchase for 2 days.

·
Premium Member
63,107 Posts
imported post

Chef
We do have tough gun laws in CA..
Only the bad guys have them and there is no one to enforce the laws.........
Who in their right mind would take guns to a toy store??
Two dead, that's 2 less bad guys we have to worry about.........

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

That sounds to me like a double nomination for a Darwin award.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Well get this. Here in South Carolina both yesterday and today were tax free days on all gun sales. That's right, no state sales tax on any gun purchase for 2 days.
:baffled:

Saved me $$$$ on my purchase of class III stuff, I was happy I did not get taxed twice. I do not see the problem and look forward to next year's tax free firearm day ;)

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Chef
Well now

I’m a bad guy because I own and carry a firearm and go into stores including the ones that sell toys :?

*edit----edit------edit------edit*

you can't fix stupid :baffled:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

SC wrote:
Foodman wrote:
Chef
Well now

I’m a bad guy because I own and carry a firearm and go into stores including the ones that sell toys :?

*edit----edit------edit------edit*

you can't fix stupid :baffled:
Count me in as a "bad guy"...I carry a 9mm and Carol carries a .380 with two add'l mags each wherever we go. I'd carry my mini-14 with its 40 round magif I could find a way to conceal it.

BTW..Taffy, welcome back to cyber-living

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Not trying to hijack the post or push the taboo subject of firearms with the moderators but HEY a nerve has been struck

The US has laws that very by state about CCW or CWP concealed carry of a firearm. 1[suP]st[/suP] the person with the want or need must meet the states requirements, there are some variations state by state but for the most part these permits are not just given to any that apply. Speeding tickets can remove a permit holders right to conceal a firearm :baffled:

The permit holder is required to take a class and informed about the local laws, state & federal do’s and don’ts. This costs $$$ and takes a day or two in a classroom setting

Not all that apply for a license to carry a firearm concealed will be given the OK, there are many reasons a permit can be denied

To compare any one that has taken the time, spent the money and met the requirements to legally conceal a firearm with an idiot with a gun that made a stupid decision in a toy store is ludicrous

The fact the event in the toy store took place in Kallyfownia sad as the event may have been just made me think about the EXTRA flaming hoops that state has in place to prevent a person from legally concealing a firearm :stumped:

You want to know the real funny part, I conceal a firearm for very selfish reasons SELF PRESERVATION

I have no desire to be any form of a HERO, concealment means secret and the permit dose not come with a cape & or mask nor dose it make the holder bullet proof. Fact is until just recently (law changed) my 1[suP]st[/suP] duty was to retreat, back away from any form of threat

I also own “legal in my hands” automatic suppressed firearms. I have NO desire to go out on a killing spree nor do I have the desire to overthrow anything I am simply exorcising my second amendment rights

The bottom line I am legal and within my rights as a citizen

:waving:

·
Premium Member
63,107 Posts
imported post

I guess I'll have to move to Texas..
I had a concealed weapon permit for 30 years for business reasons in CA..
To keep my permit I got my yearly lecture on don't shot anyone unless they shoot you first and every 5 I had to get a mental evaluation, plus pay a bunch to keep it current..
The bad guys in CA just steal one.. I my opinion they should hand them out for free, after the normal back ground check..It'd stop a lot of crime here in CA.. But oh the bleeding hearts here want to take them away completely....

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

So how do we go from a trampled employee to guns? Just wondering.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.