Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Everybody,

I've gone and did it! I have bought a 91 1500 Anniversary Edition Goldwing. The plaque reads sn: 0000056.

It's got 131,000 miles (210,800km). It was a US model as everything is in imperial measurements. That will take a bit getting use to.

It has 2 new E3 (new as in 2 weeks old) tires, new fork seals, new mufflers (new new this spring), new belts, new plugs, U-joint and swing arm bearings were done last year.

I'm going to have a ton of questions to ask over the next few weeks. I already have projects on the horizon to pass the winter.

Tim.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Pict 2

Attachments

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

Congrats! I have pretty much the same bike, a '91 SE that I bought earlier this year. Nice that you got new mufflers with it... they're not cheap. It looks in pretty nice shape. You are doing exactly what I did in moving up from an 1100. How do you find it handling the increase in size & weight? Took me a little while to get used to it, particularly in pulling away from a stop and having to make a sharp RH turn.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

always fun to get a new horse in the stable

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

Sadly if your like me , the 1100 will be resting a lot more often now . Wishing many wonderful miles/er ah kilometers on your new skooter . She shore is purdy .:claps:

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

Woohoo...congrats....Many years of safe riding. It sure us purdy.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
imported post

Mr. Majic. Is that a 1982 or 1983 1100?? I had a 1982 in that color, and as I have said before, I LOVED that bike.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hey MNSnowman,

Good eye. It's an 82 aspencade. I'll be selling her in the spring unfortunately. I can't part with her right now for many reasons... mainly emotional. I love that bike too and I have spent many many hours working on her with the spirit of my dad helping out. Sounds corny... but it's true. Dad loved his wings too. I almost didn't buy this 1500 because of that.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That gold pin striping looks really gorgeous on the black, very nice bike indeed. :claps::claps::waving:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice looking bike and it sounds like it has been pretty well taken care of. Lots of luck with it.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Congrats! Nice looking bike.

John

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

Thats nice Tim... working on your old bike with the memories of your Dad. I still recall, many years ago, while on our way to "Keji" waving at your father (Jordon)who was in his yard shining up his old Goldwing.......

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

Nice, very nice. If I was to Wing again, a late production 1500 would be my first choice.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
imported post

congrats on the new addition,sssswwwweeeeeet ride,you wont regret it,i to had a time getting use to the 1500,but love it now and remember ride it like you stole it

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

NICE ride my friend!!! Dawne and I are thrilled for you and the Mrs..!!

Now we know why the garage is so big :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.