Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is nothing new out there. Not being able to ride due to the weather and other responsibilities I have spent more time online browsing the websites for new gimicks for my bike. We all like new gadgets and bike toys. That is part of the allure of a goldwing is the stuff it comes with and the stuff we can add. Even if you can afford it or would even want it it is always fascinating to me to see new things for my bike. It gives me ideas if nothing else. However lately I can't find anything really new. Can you? Anyone see anything really new like a truely cordless connection for your 1800 headset or inexpensive cell phone connection for yur 1800? Hell I would even be happy to see big and tall sized riding apparel. You would think that at the Christmas buying season there would be some new motorcycle gadgets out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
913 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
There is nothing new out there. Not being able to ride due to the weather and other responsibilities I have spent more time online browsing the websites for new gimicks for my bike. We all like new gadgets and bike toys. That is part of the allure of a goldwing is the stuff it comes with and the stuff we can add. Even if you can afford it or would even want it it is always fascinating to me to see new things for my bike. It gives me ideas if nothing else. However lately I can't find anything really new. Can you? Anyone see anything really new like a truely cordless connection for your 1800 headset or inexpensive cell phone connection for yur 1800? Hell I would even be happy to see big and tall sized riding apparel. You would think that at the Christmas buying season there would be some new motorcycle gadgets out.
Bob your wing needs some old stuff,chrome,lights,wind wings,floor boards,arm rests,after market shield,rotor covers..................deer alerts...:cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Probationary
Joined
·
4,535 Posts
imported post

I recently found a great front fender extension to keep my bike cleaner. It just hooks to the rear of the front fender, from JC Whitney. Then there are all the hi-way pegs/boards/mic-o-pegs...mp3 hook-ups, aux lights, trailers. Sheepskins, backrests, seatcovers, armrests, air wings,etc.

Now, to find snowtires.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have seen all the things you guys are talking about. I don't want to tac on bling for blings sake. if it doesn'tmake it a better touring bike I wont add it. I have the highway pegs. I just bought the bike. My complaint is where are the new ideas? Your all talking about the same ole stuff. we need something new and creative. Maybe something electronic or mechanical but something that is a new idea not the s o s rehashed. I know there has to be something somewhere.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
690 Posts
imported post

With the new Wing having been made since 2001... there is not much new stuff. Once an a while something pops up but nothing much I am interested in. I'm like you and do not want a bunch of Bling. If you haven't already... google Honda Goldwing and there is some ideas out there... electric windshield kit, fuel tanks for inside the saddle bags, custom seats made to your personal size-height and riding needs...."I have one of these seats". Oh yes...Honda ha$ $ome new LED $uper bright highway drive light$.... for $$$$.
Are you looking for techno stuff?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,502 Posts
imported post

Order you a voltmeter and install it. I have one on the way for mine. Been trying to figure out how to chrome the fuel. :D Kit
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,081 Posts

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
I don't want to tac on bling for blings sake. if it doesn'tmake it a better touring bike I wont add it.
I know they're not new, but the wind wings redeyes88are not bling, in fact some people think they're ugly. They are quite functional thoughand I personally wouldn't be without them.

I have to laugh at your "inexpensive cell phone connection for yur 1800" statement too. :cheeky1: Inexpensive on a bike is like inexpensive on a boat or an airplane, it don't exist. ;)

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

So how well do these hand wings work? Are they worth the time? How much do they really cut out of the wind?
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
So how well do these hand wings work? Are they worth the time? How much do they really cut out of the wind?
I love them. They came highly recommended by Rudy and they are great. They keep much of the wind off your hands when you want that, and you can direct more air onto your hands/arms and upper body when you want that too.

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
So how well do these hand wings work? Are they worth the time? How much do they really cut out of the wind?
I love them. They came highly recommended by Rudy and they are great. They keep much of the wind off your hands when you want that, and you can direct more air onto your hands/arms and upper body when you want that too.

John
So your saying that they are directional much like the side wings? That would be cool, do they come smoke?
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yep, they are directional just like the side wind wings, and yep, they come in smoke. Here's their color choices.

Clear, Blue, Red, Purple, Orange, Yellow, Teal, Light Smoke & Dark Smoke
http://www.bakerbuilt.com/gl1500%20gold%20wing.htm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Thanks, I'm going to give it a try.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
90 Posts
imported post

I totally blinged my 1800 gave it all the extras available to increase touring abilities only to find it looked exactly the same as all the other 1800s! So to make things more interesting I changed back to my 1987 yes thats right 1987 Hondas press reliese GL1500 bike! Now I do feel I have something very different. of course here we go again Artwork, chrome backrest....... I Love Winging!!!!! and of course larger panniers for the wifes makeup!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
imported post

Y'all would hate my bike. Other than aftermarket exhaust, crash bars, Markland highway boards, a cigarette lighter and rigged some additional flashing rear brake light with an old school headlight modulator, it is bone stock.
 

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
Joined
·
12,840 Posts
imported post

ob1quixote wrote:
Y'all would hate my bike. Other than aftermarket exhaust, crash bars, Markland highway boards, a cigarette lighter and rigged some additional flashing rear brake light with an old school headlight modulator, it is bone stock.
Why would we hate that? It's all personal taste. Bling the heck out of it, leave it bone stock, or something inbetween, it's still a Wing and still in my opinion the best touring motorcycle made and I love 'em all. :action:

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,524 Posts
imported post

Personal taste, look at mine. Oh ya!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
913 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
So how well do these hand wings work? Are they worth the time? How much do they really cut out of the wind?
I love them. They came highly recommended by Rudy and they are great. They keep much of the wind off your hands when you want that, and you can direct more air onto your hands/arms and upper body when you want that too.

John
Love mine too.....
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top