Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, so what's the question? Not mind readers here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Jackhammer01 wrote:
On the 79, the "on/off" switch is most likely for the headlight.
Thanks, Jackhammer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

BigWingD wrote:
I dont know my 79 dont have it
I will check it when I install headlight, when I bought my bike headlight was missing. $50 is good price even w/o headlight!!!
 

·
Old Broad
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Ok, so what's the question? Not mind readers here.
Micheal, read the topic heading for the question.:shock::shock::shock::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::action::action::action:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,624 Posts
imported post

Micheal, are you mixing your meds again. Blue ones in the morning and green one at night.:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
145 Posts
imported post

Most early model Honda motorcycles had a weak starting and charging system, so to combat the drain on the battery while starting, they were equipped with a handlebar switch that included an "on/off" switch for the headlight. Turn switch off, start bike, turn switch on to power headlight. This feature was also useful for the times when a low battery condition required an emergency trip home or to the shop; ride with headlight off in order to conserve power.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,948 Posts
imported post

Jackhammer01 wrote:
Most early model Honda motorcycles had a weak starting and charging system, so to combat the drain on the battery while starting, they were equipped with a handlebar switch that included an "on/off" switch for the headlight. Turn switch off, start bike, turn switch on to power headlight. This feature was also useful for the times when a low battery condition required an emergency trip home or to the shop; ride with headlight off in order to conserve power.
That makes sense to me. My '79 had a switch next to the neutral light that was used to by-pass a bad thermo switch for the fan. I put in a good thermo switch.;)

Regards,

Hobie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
789 Posts
imported post

My 1975 BC 750K has an on/off switch in the same location and is for the headlight. Mine has since been wired to be on all the time required by law. At the time these bikes were made in the 70's, there was not a mandatory requirement to have the light on in the day time. You can just tell people the switch is for the passenger airbag.....:dude:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

That switch works like "run" switch on my bike. I have two similar working switches. It looks like some electrical wizard was working hard on my bike, hanging wires, disconnected connectors, fan works when it feels like it. It is going to be a lot of fun!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
21,866 Posts
imported post

newbiker wrote:
That switch works like "run" switch on my bike. I have two similar working switches. It looks like some electrical wizard was working hard on my bike, hanging wires, disconnected connectors, fan works when it feels like it. It is going to be a lot of fun!
Keep tracing those wires...maybe the previous owner installed a "flux capacitor".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,509 Posts
imported post

AVA AUTO TECH wrote:
Micheal, are you mixing your meds again. Blue ones in the morning and green one at night.:cheeky1:
No, I think my VA doctor is though. He keeps changing what I take and how much I take versus what I'm used to.:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Besides, the title isn't the place to contain the whole question without at least some detailed information. Vague information gets vague answers.:waving::waving::waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
710 Posts
imported post

It should be your headlight on/off switch. Honda didn't remove that switch till the 1980 model when it became mandatory on all bike in North America.

James
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12 Posts
imported post

Sounds like someone replaced that switch unit with one from an older bike. My 76 had no off switch for the headlight. It probably does nothing.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top