Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After finding radiator steam from the right side of my bike, I stripped off as much coverning as I could find and I believe the leak may becoming from the thermo valve. How can you test the valve to determine this?What would I expect if the valve is gone bad?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

no actually the thermo valve. It is an inline valve found on the right hand side of the engine behind the spark plugs. the valve is connected to a small diameter rad hose that runs back from a tee from the thermostat and the right radiator. each time I check after I run and let the bike cool, I have a small noticable amount of rad fluid sitting on below this thermo valve. I can easily change most of the smaller hoses but I wouldlike to get the valve check to make sure it is not malfunctioning.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi gak and a happy christmas the termo valve is connected to the heat exchanger on the carbs it is open on start up , up to 68 degrees then it closes this runs hot water to the carbs in order to atomise the fuel when the engine is cold there is about 6 small spring clamps fitted in and near this and is a thight squees to get at

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.