Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i am already planning my winter pm. the only thing i need to do is replace the thermostat. where is it. 1995, 1500 se.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

Behind the radiator fans. You need to remove the fairing lower cover then the radiator fan.

Sent you a pm.....

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

got your pm, thanks. how big of a job is it, maybe i'll do it on the next rainy day. second, can i find this at a parts store, i got one for my 1200 and auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

Not a big job, can easily be done on a rainy day. Don't know about the auto parts store.

Just for a price reference, Honda Directline has them for 27.02 including s/h. Might want to check that against the local dealer (with a discount).

Maybe someone else will know if it's available at the auto parts store.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I just did mine two weeks ago when I was back home. I had to remove both radiators and both fans to get to mine.

I bought the thermostat at te local stealer. Paid around $25.00 for it.

Just don't do what I did and put it all back together and when I was putting the last radiator on (it struck me), I had forgoten to put the radiator hose back on the thermostat housing and tighten it down. So off it all came so I could get my big hand back in there to put the hose on. At least I had not started putting antifreeze back in yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.