Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

man that sucked, thermo was in nasty place, i'll bet this is a 10 hr. job. hope it runs when get done. got the bolts out without breaking them off. i'm sure its the original one. as many parts are on the floor, i might as well change the plug wires n coils, vac. lines too. anything else. man i'm tired, i'm going to bed:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
imported post

Wow.Is it that different from the 1200? I did mine and it was a only slightly a bear...remove tupperware, remove radiator, and then thermostat housing. But the hardest part that made it a bear was having to work sitting on the ground and working under the front wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

$1,000 bucks, geeze. Does that sound right at 10 hrs?

Man, GWs are just not designed for maintenance. They are engineered for compactness.

I am sort of a DIY'er. I figure if the shops can do it for $70-$90/hr, I can do it a little slower. It's just maintenance, and I have the time. Not really, but I do not have the $$$ money .

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

If you check out the Engine Swap photos, you'll see where the stat is hidden. Not a fun place at all.

http://community.webshots.com/user/eshopper12345

It might be attacked from the front by removing a radiator or from the top by removing the carbs/coils/rad overflow..

No fun either way

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

ya, not from the top, rads and bottom plastic, left fan, mite as well do plug wires too, there rite there. fixed leaken gas valve by gas cap too, small weep whole bottom u can't see is where it leaks. rebuild kit $25.00, better than $135.00 for new one

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

hogan, u got a long way to go, mine has 139,000 clicks on it, i'd ride her anywhere. how do i put pics on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.