Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have got used to thicker (love the Kuryakins) handgrips. My 2012 Goldwing has heated grips, but they are quite thin. Does anybody know of a thicker grip like the Kuryakins that will still work as a heated grip on the Goldwing?
Thanks.:stumped:

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Steve L wrote:
I have got used to thicker (love the Kuryakins) handgrips. My 2012 Goldwing has heated grips, but they are quite thin. Does anybody know of a thicker grip like the Kuryakins that will still work as a heated grip on the Goldwing?
Thanks.:stumped:
Welcome to the Forum Steve! :waving:

I ran into the same issue. I had heated grips on my 2002 GL-1800 and when I picked up my 2012 (Red and Silver) in May. I noticed the same thing and actually being used to the larger grips, it drove me crazy at slow speeds with the 2012. I used the Kury Iso-Grips made for the heated grips for the Goldwing and life is good again! :claps:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
imported post

Puppy Grips. They slip over the OEM grips and let all the heat through.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

I use the Kury iso grips made for the heated oem grips. Works well but you may need to make a few minor modifications to accomodate their added thickness. They prevent the clutch lever from pulling in quite as far as before and so the 2nd (lever pulled in) switch may not work unless you set your dial to either 1 or 2. I also noticed that because it prevents the lever from pulling in all the way, it made finding neutral more iffy especially when dead cold. I pulled the lever off and dropped a little bit of rubber (or a small bb would work) into the cup that holds the push rod which is operated by the lever.Pushes the piston in the clutch master cylinder in enough that the world is once again right ;-)

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Aerostitch makes heated grip wraps that are electric. Part# L433. They are $45 and can be controlled by a thermostat. I like them because they can be installed in seconds and used only when needed. No worry about opens or shorts in the wireing over the many many miles and long months they are "not" needed. I have had mine for 6 years and they always work on those 34f degree commutes in winter and fit over my ISO grips just fine. Big heat is right at your gloved hand. They pack pack away small for next time.
Corventure Dave

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the Grip Puppies - they seem like a real simple solution! :smiler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Gerbing heated gloves work better than heated grips. Tried both, the gloves are far better.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

exavid.... is correct about heated gloves. Heated grips can keep your plams and finger bottom's nice and warm, buttt my knuckles and back of the hand and fingers still freeze!

Corventure Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.