Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. A Royal Star Venture is not in the same class for comfort as a GL1500.

2. Active duty USMC cannot make commitments to a road trip schedule more than about 4 weeks in advance.

3. You can buy a GL1800 in MN in December for $2500 less than you'd probably pay in March or April

4. This is still the best motorcycle forum on the planet. I got a lot of very helpful info and advice on my GL1800 purchase.

5. Don't cross the border into Canada on the evening of Labor Day unless you want to wait in line for 2 hours.

6. Canada needs more people.

7. It sucks when your best road trip of the year is a 4 day round trip.

8. Winter sucks. (not really anything new but MN is providing a pretty strong reminder about now.)

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Agreed!! Winter sucks!!!:)

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
de parler un peu français

And that the French people, particularly in Paris and Normandy, are quite friendly if you are too.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Clyrider.
Any long weekend can get you a 2 hr wait at the border!!!
Hey and where I live we are getting more people, A trip to the grocery store is like visiting the united Nations. LOL
Wilf

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
9. Don't plan a week long trip to New Orleans during hurrican season.

Steve

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
1. A Royal Star Venture is not in the same class for comfort as a GL1500.
you got that one right

2. Active duty USMC cannot make commitments to a road trip schedule more than about 4 weeks in advance.
"solution" don't join the marines

3. You can buy a GL1800 in MN in December for $2500 less than you'd probably pay in March or April
same thing out here in washington state

4. This is still the best motorcycle forum on the planet. I got a lot of very helpful info and advice on my GL1800 purchase.
yup

5. Don't cross the border into Canada on the evening of Labor Day unless you want to wait in line for 2 hours.
don't ever cross the border into canada !

6. Canada needs more people.
canada needs less people. so does the USA and the rest of the world

7. It sucks when your best road trip of the year is a 4 day round trip.
yup, so go awal from the marines and enjoy your free time

8. Winter sucks. (not really anything new but MN is providing a pretty strong reminder about now.)
move someplace sunny!!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
9. don't ask what kind of oil should you run in your wing on this forum.
Now that yea mention it ...what kind of oil do you use ..forget it.. don't want to hijack this thread ....eh

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
How about Deer Alerts? Do they work? LOL That would do it too. Also, It seems to me if you want to cross into Mexico, I think the wait is less. HaHa. Anyway, I agree with most of that.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
NEVER,EVER,go on another LoNg tRip with a STONE Exedra G701 front tire on my motorcycle,if there is A curve in the road,WITHOUT EARPLUGS!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.