Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

Where I live we do the low 5 for Harley riders, just in case they lose parts as you go by . You can catch them and return 'em later.................. when they are along side the road.

;)

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
Where I live we do the low 5 for Harley riders, just in case they lose parts as you go by . You can catch them and return 'em later.................. when they are along side the road.
I always wondered what the low wave was about. Now I Know.
I'll have to change my left glove.. .. to a fielders mitt.
:ROFL:

:action: CATCH-ON

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
imported post

Awe comeon folks Dontcha know that Harleys are the most reliable bikes on the road? 99% of all the harleys EVER made are still on the road today...

The other 1% made it to the shop

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

I don't let myself get concerned about nodding, waving, etc. It just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of the riding experience, or life, for that matter...

There are however, a couple of things that have been indelibly burned into my personal psyche, and this might be a great time to pass them on to the newer crowd of adventurers...(or maybe it would be better to let them learn as I did?)

Oh well, number one is...never go thru Ogallala, NE on I-80, unless there is a strong North Wind. They have a huge cattle stock yard there...'nuff said.

Number two would be... nevervisit the quaint coastal fishing villages without a good, currentTides Table, and only enter themduring high tide.

Of course, this advice is only important if you're NOT a rancher or cattleman, and if you don't already LIVE in a quaint coastal fishing village... :action: :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
imported post

Stockton Ca used to have (Don't know if it still does) Settling ponds/Treatment ponds for sewage upwind of the city......

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Another thing, never go through Kansas and Eastern Colorado on US-50 unless there's a Southern wind (two words: Feed Lots) lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.