Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

First off I am in no way trying to compete with any other rally put on!!!

However I was thinking of putting together an unrally someplace around eastern Iowa (my home turf :smiler:)for those of us that cannot make the rallies put on in other locations...

If anyone would be interested in helping, or just throwing out ideas please let me know... I was thinking of mid june sometime, as not to interfere with the other rallies...

Thoughts?:?

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

that'd be great digger i know i sure wanted to go to es but with money so tight taking a trip of that magnatude was simply outta the question

ive been up to dubuque tons of time and galena a few im sure there are camp grounds in that area very pretty scenery in a month too

maybe make it show up a friday afternoon and leave on a sunday afternoon something that can be done over the weekend

you know the area up there better than i do just lemme know i can surely manage a 1-2 day camping trip

this is a great idea

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Why not host it someplace like Dubuque and attract attendees from Wisconsin and Illinois? We could do that. Early June would be a good time, since most people are getting started on their summer and haven't gone on their vacation yet. Dubuque and the surrounding area have some nice tour-isty things.

Discuss............

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Since I live in Dubuque I really know the area :ROFL:

We got all winter to plan something :claps:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

we went up to the dells in march during spring break it was rather nice the roads were not too bad

we stopped by fennimore to check out igor it'd be great im tellin ya when we get more seroius i may have a few friends that want to attend

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I was thinking having people camp at Miller Park ( http://www.cityofdubuque.org/index.aspx?NID=1133)

There is plenty of hotels/motels around the area for those not wanting to camp..

For a ride either up to Lancing Iowa up the Iowa side, and back down along the Wisc side.. and or a ride down to Poopies taking the Iowa side down and the Ill/Wisc side back...

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Digger, please keep me informed.........I would love to come up for that one!! :cheesygrin:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Sounds good to us too, we will guide the ol man(Cloud 9) up there...LOL

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
Think he will find the place even with a guide? :?:ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

pooopies you gotta either eat the big poop or the home wrecker i can knock them down and the 2lbs of home fries too yummmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmmmmm

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
tmdriverwannabe wrote:
Think he will find the place even with a guide? :?:ROFL::ROFL:
Yeah , he might..While he was still YOUNG he bought a bike with built in GPS...:D

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

Hey Hey Hey......I just can't get no respect around here! Anyway, I'm never lost as long as I have a full tank of gas!

Back in the day before GPS, I could pull up to any intersection in the country, and ask Golden Girl "Which way?". and she would tell me where to go. She STILL tells me where to go. Just about every day.

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Cloud 9 wrote:
Hey Hey Hey......I just can't get no respect around here! Anyway, I'm never lost as long as I have a full tank of gas!

Back in the day before GPS, I could pull up to any intersection in the country, and ask Golden Girl "Which way?". and she would tell me where to go. She STILL tells me where to go. Just about every day.
I get told where to go alot to... strange thing is, ussually its always the same place... Somewhere in Michigan????:congrats:

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Cloud 9 wrote:

:ROFL::ROFL: That is so true....

Back to Diggers OP, sounds good buddy...If you do it we will be there..Sounds like a good time and even though only 3 hrs away we have never been over there and explored that area so it would be a good excuse to go ;)

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

get it hashed out my dad and i will most likely attend if you need some help digger pm me and i'll assist in any way i can

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,708 Posts
imported post

Hey ya'll, if'n I get transferred up to Okie land, I can make that event :claps:

If'n that happens, old Flyone will have to wait on the taildragger in his rear mirror :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
imported post

Sounds like awhole lot of fun Digger :claps::claps::claps:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

I WANNA GO TOOO!

Heck, the famous Rino's could come thru and pick us up again, just like old times. Of course if it were like last time, we would have to wear catchers gear to catch the rear cover from someones 1200 and a flying GPS.....

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Bet thats an interesting story!!!

·
Premium Member
20,585 Posts
imported post

Trainertim77 wrote:
I WANNA GO TOOO!

Heck, the famous Rino's could come thru and pick us up again, just like old times. Of course if it were like last time, we would have to wear catchers gear to catch the rear cover from someones 1200 and a flying GPS.....
I guess that story will be told in ES again......:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.