Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Greetings you all, I just started thinking of pulling a trailer for camping trips this summer. I have read a lot of reviews on different hitches on the Wingstuff site and from what I read the Bushtech hitch is the way to go? Found a gent in Green Bay Wisconsin selling a nice looking fiberglass trailer for around $1400 color matched with a spare and aluminum mags. Looking for any input for you experts out there, I have 43 years of riding experience and pulled many trailers with cars and trucks but never with a bike yet. Thanks for any input

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

A rule of thumb with a bike trailer is not to exceed 50% of the weight of your bike which is trailer plus cargo. As with a car, longer stopping distances, be carefull braking in a curve because although your wing is turning in a corner, your trailer weight forces strait ahead which puts pressure on your back tire trying to force it out from under you. Not too aggressive on throttle up to help save your clutches & tongue should be level when your weight is added to your bikes suspension.

Give er gas!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

How does this little trailer look to any of you, I like the price of $995 plus $300 to color match another $90 for aluminum mags and $45 for a spare tire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Difficult to gauge the exact size, but that looks a great trailer to be towing with a Wing. :clapper:

What sort of suspension does it have do you know?

As said, towing behind a bike is easy enough, just need to be extra aware that it is there since it will be almost un noticeable as you roll down the road. I see you will be pulling with an 1800 so you have the advantage of stonkingly good brakes.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
imported post

I towed one similar to that on my 1200. As stated it's hard to even know its there. Just don't pack it too heavy and you should be okay. That looks like a nice trailer and price. Been thinking of another on myself. What brand is that?:)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I FOUND THAT TRAILER ON CRAIGLIST MILWAUKEE SITE, ITS CALLED AN AEROHOOD FIBERGLASS ON THERE. I EMAILED HIM AND HAVENT GOT AN ANSWER YET BUT HE IS A DEALER AND CAN GET THEM. IT HAS A 700LB TORSION AXLE AND AN ALUMINUM FRAME

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

IT IS 43 INCH WIDE, 55 INCH LONG AND OVERALL HEIGHT IS 36 INCHES, DONT KNOW ANYTHING ELSE YET. WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

I've been towing a camp trailer for 6 yrs. now, never a problem except one tire went flat and I barely even noticed it except it pulled just a little, thank god for tubeless tires and spares

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.