Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Anybody want to test the waters on this one? Sounds like it could be fun!!

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Here's the IP holder

OrgName: Road Runner HoldCo LLC
OrgID: RCNY
Address: 13241 Woodland Park Road
City: Herndon
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20171

They're well known all over the web for cheating and stealing and causing other companies gief!
Look for "Road Runner HoldCo LLC" and you'll see

This same ad has been on several Craig Lists

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Ok, sent an email, will see how far I can take the scammer before he gives up.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Morram, how did you get that info? Would be handy to be able to get that kind of info when web shopping.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

That company is part of Time-Warner's Road Runner internet service company, got nothing to do with this scam other than the ad is being hosted on a Road Runner server that's been pawned(hacked).

That's one reason some of these scammers are so hard to trace down and put out of business.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

wpgfire wrote:
Morram, how did you get that info? Would be handy to be able to get that kind of info when web shopping.
Get the Shazou add-in for FireFox. It's just one of many tools I use for acquiring information about websites.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

Scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam

Guaranteed if you email them, they will say the bike is in storage somewhere but they want you to send a money order by Western Union to some other location and then they will release the bike to you. And they will make some excuse why you can't view it before buying.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,186 Posts
imported post

Any of you remember the time when I did an email back 'n forth with one of those scammers. The old "I'm in the military" scam.

First it was in Phoenix and I asked for an appointment to go see it. duh, all of a sudden, his stuff got shipped without his permission and now it is at a holding yard in Fort Wayne, IN. Well, neat choice of locations, my daughter lives there :cheeky1:

I politely reply to him that my daughter is coming over to look at it "tonight" and I will catch the redeye out in the morning and will hand him green cash dollars if it rides out the way he says it does.

Jerk never bothered to reply that ..... It smelled scam the instant it disappeared from Phoenix, but I just wanted to keep him busy.... :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I've seen those pictures before...in scam ads.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I know it's a scam, I just want to play with him for a while. I've been getting bored too much lately.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
I know it's a scam, I just want to play with him for a while. I've been getting bored too much lately.
I got a special folder in my email just full of scammers, I get bored and play with them too usually they only go for up 3 emails before they move on:cheeky1:

Ride Safe, Ray

:action:

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

what we need is a supranational force to deal with scammers. about a dozen ex navy seals or marine recon troops.

match them up with some supergeeks that can track down the physical location of the scammers. after a few dozen scammers are terminated with prejiduce scamming will happen a lot less.

personally, I'd gladly contribute to such an organization.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Looks like the same e-mail address that I saw about 4 month ago. When I replied the lady said the bike was packaged and ready to be shipped, all she need was some information. When I told her I would fly in and drive the bike home she said that would not be possible since it was already in a crate at the shipping company and she repeated her request for personal information.

Her ultimate story was she got the bike in a divorce settlement and didn't know what to do with it!!

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Winter definitely needs to end and we all need to get out and ride. You guys obviously have too much time on your hands. But it sure is nice to have the info.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

Can I say scam scam scam these are popping up everywhere I have seem numerous ones on flea bay. Brought them to their attention and within 15min listing is gone. STAY AWAY< STAY AWAY.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

You who have gone through a scam or two already know this, but I ran down my first scammer recently on a 'too-good-to-be-true' craigslist Harley and learned a few things.Familiar lead-in - - got the bike in a divorce, and need cash. Shipping included in price, etc., etc. For scam-spotter newbys - - one version goes like this - - -

'I want to run this through the Ebay purchase program, so both of us are "protected". You send a moneygram to a 'broker' at Ebay - he holds the money until you have received the bike, and are happy with it - - then you call him, and instruct him to release the funds.

The scam was complete with forged Ebay templates, the address of Ebay headquarters was listed - - - How could this possibly work??

A quick call to MoneyGram answered the question real quickly. When an individual goes to a MoneyGram office to collect a payment, all he needs is photo ID (real or forged), the name of the person who sent payment, and the amount. Any reference to a company (like Ebay) address, etc., doesn't mean a thing. He walks in with his ID and info - - Walks out with a pocket full of your money. If you see "MoneyGram" - - - run!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well, the scammer hasn't bothered to return my email so I guess it's a bust already. Shoot, and I thought I was gonna have some fun today. I'm bummed now.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.