Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

The trunk pockets and passenger backrest don't match the bike either, not original.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Well they were limited production, but with 96,000 miles, he's really pushing the price envelope at $6000, but his title now says $5000.That said, I saw an 86 go for $6800 on ebay a couple of years ago, but it was truely mint condition and only had around 10K miles. He might get near $5k

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
The trunk pockets and passenger backrest don't match the bike either, not original.
Pssst, he has sheepskin covers on the seat and drivers backrest. He says that in his ad too. ;)

John

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

sounds like a bargain to me...:rollingeyes::rollingeyes::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

If he can get 6k, my 1984 with 31k miles should bring 4k, I know I have $1,000 worth of extras ! Anyway, I wish hime GREAT LUCK, that just seems like a few to many miles for the money, but then again, I am a NEWBY to Goldwings, just since April 2008

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
imported post

He was trying to get $6000.00 for it. Have seen his ad now for many weeks. Wow a jacket too. That makes it all worth it

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hmmm, maybe I should buy a few locally and run them up to Canada :)

just funning, too far, and way too cold up there for my knees :waving:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

:cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude::cheeky1::dude:

He seem so proud of it, I think I'll just let him keep it!

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The Ltd might be rare, but the SEi of 1986 is the real rare model. They sold in much smaller numbers partly because they cost a lot more than the Ltd, partly because owners were annoyed that Honda released the SEi so soon after the so called Limited Edition which turned out not to be so limited after all, and partly because we all expected the gl1500 to be released the following year and people held off buying the overpriced SEi.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
imported post

I didn't see any other SEI's listed for sale at ANY price in Flagstaff so that makes it R A R E !! :D:cheeky1::dude::shock::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

I offered my 85 Limited a few months back for $4300. It only has 31,000 miles on it and has the CB radio and is in excellant shape. I only had one response. By the way i still have it if anyone wants it at a fair price.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Yes, the Limited is bringing close to $5,000 here in SoCal as well. The mileage that he has is making his more like the low $4,xxx.

The Interstate does not compare in terms of the money that a properly-offered Limited will bring.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

Hmmm,,,, I have two 85 LImited's one witk 71K and the other with 36K

Guess that makes them rare to have a pair of them, :cheeky1::cheeky1:

:action::action:
Gordon

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

LOL Huh so I guess I got a heck of a deal. I recently bought a 1985 LTD for $1,500.00 and all I had to do is put a battey and fuel pump on it. it runs strong and everything works on it. I am proud of myself now LOL:cool:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

Mine is the same color and style as the one in the listing:D

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

activitytom43 wrote:
LOL Huh so I guess I got a heck of a deal. I recently bought a 1985 LTD for $1,500.00 and all I had to do is put a battey and fuel pump on it. it runs strong and everything works on it. I am proud of myself now LOL:cool:
Yes, you got a great deal. That would have been a very good deal for an Interstate!

John

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.