Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

i hit something like that on a bicycle one time!!!:dance:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Perhaps the smart a$$ taking the picture could move to the other side of the hole or put up some warnning markers.Before he did his photo op.
Looks a little photoshoped to me also.
Wilf

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

ouch......

i remember once when i was about 12 or so i turned onto a street and my front tire went down one of them grated storm drains.... launched me 30 feet something i'll never forget i felt like superman

it wasnt the fall that really hurt it was the sudden stop on the ground that hurt the worst

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

stuff like that makes me crindge and raises the hair up on the back of my neck

·
Premium Member
17,087 Posts
imported post

A couple weeks ago when my area of the 100 acre woods was receiving a lot of rain, manhole covers were floating away from all the water rushing through the storm system. Several cars were driving through the areas of high water and hitting those open manhole. It was amazing the amount of damage that was done to a cage. I couldn't imagine how much damage that would do to a bike and rider.

·
Premium Member
973 Posts
imported post

A bunch of jerks were stealing manhole covers around Milwaukee a while back and selling them for scrap. The scrap dealer should have gone to jail because he had to know that they were stolen.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I work in the utility industry and we get a call at least once a week about a mh cover missing. We have a lot of 12 kv power lines that run through these manholes and I would never even stop over one now that I've seen what happens when a power line fails and the cover flies 10 to 15 feet in the air before it comes down. It could kill a person parked on top of it waiting at a light. Chances are it will never happen but it's always in the back of my mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.