Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got home from my florida trip.The weather on the drive from Pennsylvania to florida was cold most of the way,upper 20's to low 30's most mornings as far south as georgia.The same was true on the return trip.Total miles for round trip was 2600 mi.Spent 5 days in sarasota(beautiful)last day of ride home was on the bike for 15 hours...w/gas.lunch stops...not bad for an old man...pulled trailer with my 1800, running about 70 mph on interstates...averaged 42 miles per gal......a good time was had by all..

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
imported post

What were you wearing to stay warm?

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

bwssr wrote:
What were you wearing to stay warm?
Insulated tour boots,heavy wool socks,insulated undies,fleece lined trousers,flannel shirt,sweat shirt.fleece lined riding vest,joe rocket goldwing jacket,good pr gloves(grip heaters)open face helmet,heavy beard,sun glasses day time,yellow lenses at nite and one morning had my chaps on to start,24degrees.could hardly lift my leg over the seat.:cheeky1:...by noon time on most days alot of this clothing was removed as temps went up...gas prices varied greatly..lowest was $1.76..to..$2.29 a gal.We left home on a thursday with snow flurries following us.called home next day family said they had 3 inches of snow.roads were dry most of the trip.returned on thanksgiving day,traffic was very lite on interstate 95....we just kept riding...about 800 miles last day....

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

ITs good to hear you had a nice trip . Glad your home safe n sound .

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, no wonder you had to pull a trailer, you had all your various warm clothing in it. :cheeky1:Sounds like you had a great ride. I look forward t this summer for my long ride. :action:

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OnaWingandaPrayer wrote:
ITs good to hear you had a nice trip . Glad your home safe n sound .
Thank You

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Wow, no wonder you had to pull a trailer, you had all your various warm clothing in it. :cheeky1:Sounds like you had a great ride. I look forward t this summer for my long ride. :action:
SpiderBob...My buddy that rode with me has a 93 aspencade trike that looks like yours,candy red too..he averaged about 32 miles per gallon...good bike for traffic jams..:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
SpiderBob wrote:
SpiderBob...My buddy that rode with me has a 93 aspencade trike that looks like yours,candy red too..he averaged about 32 miles per gallon...good bike for traffic jams..:cheeky1:
Oh ya, and even better for packing things. I get 36 as a good average.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
imported post

Redeyes!

Rock N Roll Man!:clapper: I love to ride on cold daze. Especiallywhen I am prepared and dressed for the occaision! Ya get a lot of wierd looks from the cages, but they dont know any better!

Anyway, glad your ride was oneof those to remember!

Kevin

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Redeye:

I have to hand it to you. I'll be sixty in February, and you have given me another idea for a trip to celebrate my 65th (when, hopefully, it comes around). Winter is just about descending on Toronto. I was out for an hour on Thursday, and I was the only bike out there...a lot of poseurs have "skidaddled".

You are in inspiration "to us kids" on the forum.

Dean, Toronto

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

That sounds like fun, that's the reason I bought my new-to-me wing. My wife and I want to do more trips like that. You can only see 200-300 miles from the house so many times before it gets boring.

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

That sounds like a nice ride for a young guy redeyes88.We have done that several times from the SW part of Ohio.

Last time I had Gerbing jacket liner and heated gloves. Wife had her jacket liner on too and we didn't take them off until south Georgia.

In February 2008 we took a different mode - our old RV and towed the Toy Carrier bike trailer down and stayed 2 months. We put 6,000 miles on the bike in those 2 months. We want to do more while we still can - 69 years old here for another month.

In January '09 we will be repeating the trip to Florida and staying for 3 months. Our only form of transportation when we get to Florida is our 2002 Gold Wing.

Retired and Riding since 2000

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

SpiderBob wrote:
Bob here is a pic of my friends trike that went with us to Florida...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.