Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Son and I rode the Dragon"s Tail this year. WOW! what a great trip that was. Next year we're thinking of a ride to the Grand Canyon. From Virginia what's the best way and how many days not riding more than 8 hours per day.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It should be about a four day ride from Richmond to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon if you make about 550 miles a day which really isn't a bad average. Might be five days if you only ride eight hours per day depending on how fast you ride.

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

This might give you a good idea also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Grottoes, VA to Grand Canyon, Williams, AZ - Google Maps

Looks more like a 5 day trip to me. And then it could be longer once you get in the Rocky Mountain area, because it will be hard not to stop and gawk at those big rocks.

Hope you make the trip,,,,, I'm thinking of it myself.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Your most direct route( all Interstates:p ) works out to exactly 32 hours of riding, or 4 days, using this route.

For a more relaxed and far more scenic ride, I'd suggest this route as an alternative, or, for the ride home.

Seeing as you'll be riding all the way out there for the Grand Canyon, you can't/shouldn't miss out on Zion and Bryce NPs, which IMO are more scenic!! Well worth the little detour and additional riding time.
;)

Enjoy your trip. :waving:

Dusty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.