Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I had a wierd thing happen yesterday, which ran over into today. Got on the trusty 1500 trike, went to the store, and when I came out, no reverse. Also, no air pump for the shocks/airbags. Started right up, though and got home fine. Tried reverse again, nothing. Checked the dog bone 55 amp fuse, and it was vaporized. Bought a couple spares, and checked everything for scuffed wires, breaks etc. Nothing found. Checked all the charging system and all is well. Do those fuses just go bad over time? Everything works perfectly since the new fuse.I would guess the one that was in there was 10 years old. Thanks, jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Yes they do. Any more questions? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

That's good enough for me! Thanks guys. I get real jittery when electrical problems come up on the wing. Lotsa chances to goof up!!! jim

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I put in a connector on my Starter soleonod so If I blow a fuse, I can just discouple it and have it repaired in 1/4 of the time. You can also et an adaptor at Advance Auto Pars, and change the fusebon out to plug in fuses. i pln to do that to mine soon. I'm getting tired of dogbone fuses.
Good Luck,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Nightrider 1,
I have researched alternatives and have not found a good dog bone fuse alternative if one is running the high output alternator; 90 amps.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
imported post

Might be something to look at. I was looking at circuit breaker until I was told they might be a little slow. I know you are the electrical guru GS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.