Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

of a winter! I have one buddy that calls me from my old home in Massachusetts and complains about the "winter complaints" - says - "Its snow fer crying out loud - 6 inches fall and I get out the snow blower - like every year - no big deal - just the same 'ol same 'ol. Lots and lots of snow". I have several others that assure me "Man it has been a hell of a winter".

So I thought I'd check - feel free to post you outdoor thermometer Goldwing readings or even just outdoor thermometers if you want...

I just got back from the gym and stopped by my bike to check - now, it is - in a sun drenched parking lot but - here's mine:

Attachments

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Wait till tomorrow morning when i can see the thermometer

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Digger sent me a pick of his rear view mirror in his truck with the temp........ -22:shock::shock:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Expecting to dip below 0 here tonight, about an hour ago it was 6 F. Tomorrow night much colder and my buddies and I are planning to ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,, the sleds of course:cooldevil:. And boy,,,,,,,, do they run great in the cold:cool:

I hear folks complain all the time and I don't get it. It's January in the Northeast,, and the weather has always been this way. It should be expected, along with the snow. And by darned,,,,,,,,, if it's gonna be cold,,,,,, then I want snow,,,,,, lots of it:)Sure I have to shovel and plow it,,,,,,,,, but if ya wanna play,,, ya gotta pay.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

We've been lucky. There has beensome clouds blow in and that helps hold the temps up a few degrees.

They're saying 35 tomorrow for the Myakka City area. We're about 35 to 40 miles from the Gulf in a colder area.

Strawberry growers up North of us are sweating it. They pump water to freeze the berries in and save the plants. It's expensive, and if a pump or pipeline fails, then the ice can kill the plants.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

Brrrrr is right, wearing my jacket everday now.
I'm used to 111*F to 115*F as a normal afternoon temperature. :D

Attachments

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,147 Posts
imported post

I hadn't zoomed out to see what is going on.

Brrr all over our country.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I left for work yesterdeay ad it was -5 at 6:30am. Warmed up to 6 in the afternoon dn then dropped back to the minus numbers over night. itis 6:30am now and the temp is -.9.

Dang it's cold out there!!!

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

It was -26 yesterday morning with -50 wind chill. -15 today, but will get up to a balmy 13 today. Maybe my truck will start today. 1st time my trusty ol'chevy didn't start....ever. I can't say I blame the ol'girl.

Just to alleviate any myths........... the local news was throwin' cups of hot water in the air yesterday......... yup, it froze before it hit the ground.

Greetings from the frozen tundra called IOWA.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

I don't have it nearly as bad as you guys. It was 32F for half the ride in this moring and 45-55 for the rest. The 32F was cold on my fingers in the mesh gloves - so I'm glad I had the heated grips for that. Expecting highs in the 80s again. Been breaking records all week. Pretty wierd weather pattern. Maybe some of that Polar Ice Cap is refreezing and we're not in a "Global Warming" - just a normal cycle? :baffled::cheeky1:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Typical ..... - 2*C/29.5*F this morning. :baffled:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.