Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
Please stop by RM 144 at your first opportunity to check in.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Goldwings 4 Ever, Mrs., and Goldwinger are in Murdo tonight and will be arriving tomorrow.

Reactions: OnaWingAndaPrayer

·
Administrator
59,001 Posts
AZgl1800 John
Lopeha Andy

are in Room 144,
please come by and check in and sign the roster

also, pick up your buttons courtesy of The Button Lady !!! and D-Rod
they provided them to us free of charge as a way of helping our N9 event.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
Rena and I are at the KOA. After we have supper we will probably go down to Cloud 9 and check in.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Green Dragon (Jeffrey & Maureen) are riding to the falls at Falls park, leaving around 10:30 AM Tuesday. Any one wanting to ride along feel free to be at the Cloud 9 Motel, Room 116. We will leave sharply around then!! ;-}
Green Dragon

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
Goldwings 4 Ever, The Mrs. and Goldwinger have arrived. Now we are going to find some lunch. See all y'all when you get back. :cheerssmall:

Reactions: OnaWingAndaPrayer

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont know if the bastardwing is gonna make it there today. I took it for a test drive last night and it started spraying oil out the right side of the engine somewhere, and the breather tube is dry. Its new owner has got to get used to motorcycle clutches a bit more before he can handle the wing. Competition cycle bike night is pretty close to my house, so if you guys go down there thursday, I can limp it there come hell or high water, with or without blinkers, mufflers, or its owner.

I know the valve cover gaskets drip a little, is it possible one of those are spraying oil under pressure?

·
Administrator
59,001 Posts
looking forward to seeing both of you here...
hands crossed.

we just got in from a nice run that included Nick's World Famous Hamburgers.....

might be famous, but Hardee's are better.

·
Administrator
59,001 Posts
For those that are here, and want to eat with us, we are meeting at Marlins on Cliff which is about 2 blocks south of the Cloud 9 motel.

we are going there at bout 6:30 so let's just meet at Marlins.
or leave from the hotel if you are already on site.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
A fella stopped by for a brief bit at the hotel this evening, spoke with a couple of people then left again. I was told that was our host. Very disappointed that he does not take hosting seriously enough to go around the group and introduce himself.

The ride plans that are laid out were done without his input, as a local resident he should be making suggestions on things to see and do while we are here. I like to get a bit of local flavor from an area like this but our host is not doing anything to make that fun and easy.

We are apparently on our own for meals, the promised food truck has not materialized, there have been no arrangements for Thursday evening's banquet that I am aware of. Some of the attendees took it upon themselves to make arrangements for a location for the action.

Overall I am disappointed in the way this event has been set up, or I guess I should say the lack of set up.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
A fella stopped by for a brief bit at the hotel this evening, spoke with a couple of people then left again. I was told that was our host. Very disappointed that he does not take hosting seriously enough to go around the group and introduce himself.

The ride plans that are laid out were done without his input, as a local resident he should be making suggestions on things to see and do while we are here. I like to get a bit of local flavor from an area like this but our host is not doing anything to make that fun and easy.

We are apparently on our own for meals, the promised food truck has not materialized, there have been no arrangements for Thursday evening's banquet that I am aware of. Some of the attendees took it upon themselves to make arrangements for a location for the action.

Overall I am disappointed in the way this event has been set up, or I guess I should say the lack of set up.
Sorry Doug.
My food truck guy got arrested over the weekend.
I have Thursday morning covered with a back-up, but can do nothing for tomorrow because of Hot Summer Nights downtown. I left like I did roundabout 10pm to go pay her so she could get her kids to bed and prepare for tomorrows event.
Another local 'Winger (via my handouts) will be with everyone tomorrow and is much more suited as a Guide than I.
I've a single, very nice ride planned for Thursday that I hope you'll be a part of.

I apologize for the food truck problem. I deal with alot of hot, hard heads that ...maintain until they don't.
Thursdays back-up is out of my own network so to remedy any other potential problems due to my people.

I believe the T-shirts will be accurate for what they say; "Mayhem in the Midwest"
I am a Realist doing the best I can with the tools I have to work with.

I'll meet you in the morning.

·
Administrator
22,299 Posts
When the doc said he wanted more scans ASAP, meaning I'd be missing this event, I wasn't as disappointed as I would have been without all the drama. I hope things shape up.

It does sound like most attendees are making the most of it.

·
Administrator
59,001 Posts
We are having a great time renewing old friendships and creating new ones.

The standard of all of our events when we get together like this each summer.

Had a nice ride yesterday with flylow/Charlie/Connie and English Bob/John
ended up at Nick's Hamburgers in Brookings, SD.

Somehow, about 20 some odd Goldwings arrived there within a space of about 5 minutes... coming in from all different directions

burgers were okay, but nothing to write home about.
I put them in the same category as White Castles.... famous, but for what?

Hardees makes a better burger.

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
It does sound like most attendees are making the most of it.
We always do. Despite the total lack of support and any sign of planning at all, we were up to the wee hours chatting and laughing and making plans for the next day, this is what the NASSIRs I have attended have been all about(This is my 5th) We don't need much organization, but some would have been nice, we will make the very best of it, and it will turn out great!

I also have learned a very valuable lesson already on this trip. DON'T MESS WITH SNORBABE!!!! :laugh:The sweetest most wonderful person on the face of the earth who drives the finest F 150 on the road. And keeps an anvil in her purse.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I also have learned a very valuable lesson already on this trip. DON'T MESS WITH SNORBABE!!!! :laugh:The sweetest most wonderful person on the face of the earth who drives the finest F 150 on the road.[/QUOTE]

You won't find a nicer lady. She is a lot of fun. Just don't piss her off.
Not sure about that F150 though. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
For anyone interested, meet at Rm 144 to go ride go-karts at 2 pm

·
Administrator
59,001 Posts
CM85 is Banned for life, he will not be back

A very nasty conversation has just finished up here at Cloud 9 common area.

I only caught the last ten minutes of it, but plenty were involved in the whole mess.

Steve Scott/Captainmidnight85 created a storm and it has ended with him being banned from the forum.

I personally uninvited him from the premises, and told him to not come back.

Anita thanked me, I got votes from all in the crowd about what to do with CM85.

Result? Banned

101 - 120 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.