Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Wasn't so much a case of if, as when, as far as I could make out, from all his nonsense postings.
I hope you all go on to have a great Meet & Greet, in the tradition that has built up over 9 years now.
Wish we could be with you again this year. :)

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, with the new leadership of nassir 9, are you guys still going to be coming out to competition cycle bike night tomorrow?
I ask, because it doesnt look like Ill get the wing out there today either. The fuel pump was leaking buckets of gas into the oil, and the previous owner put a self tapping screw in the weep hole. CM offered me a spare pump, so Ive got to pick that up and see if it works tonight, and put it all back together again. On top of that, the wing's owner isnt very experienced and doesnt have his motorcycle license yet, so I dont really wanna take him all the way out to cloud 9. Competition cycle is only a few miles from my house, and close enough to push it if the worst happens.

That, and theres a pokemon go pub crawl going on downtown tonight and I really wanna check that out. If any of you fellers happen to be into pokemon go, downtown sioux falls is paradise.

·
Administrator
58,756 Posts
Dennis, Andy and I have been trying to get cm85 to communicate with us for a year.

He never replied to any attempts regardless of the method used.
PM, email, phone call, text message,
All had the same result. Dead air.

Then the very first time he shows up at the hotel, he just blurts out I have bought Motorcycle.com

After that, nothing but excuses for why nothing he was going to do happened.

We all agreed before we got here, that all we need is a meeting place and we the members will take care of what and when.

And that is just what we have done.

We are all enjoying being together again with friends.

The atmosphere improved the second that CM85 rode out of sight.

We won't miss him ever.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Thursday is always our final night banquet & auction so attendingg another event wouldn't happen.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
It is extremely unfortunate that it had to come to this, especially during the event. Just let the dust settle & enjoy the rest of your time together. I don't know the man (CM85) from Joe Adam, but nothing will be gained from bashing him right now. Salvage
what you can tomorrow and don't let this detour anybody from future NASSIR's.

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
It is extremely unfortunate that it had to come to this, especially during the event. Just let the dust settle & enjoy the rest of your time together. I don't know the man (CM85) from Joe Adam, but nothing will be gained from bashing him right now. Salvage
what you can tomorrow and don't let this detour anybody from future NASSIR's.
I couldn't agree more with Carl.

That's what this event has always been about from the beginning......seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Steve has offered to help you several times.
How did that work out?
Pretty well actually. He came over and helped me figure out the idling problem with my bike. He straight up gave me his spare rack of carbs (they needed a little cleaning, but are working much better now).hes almost always answered my texts and calls, with pretty good advice, and im riding up to his place as soon as I post this to pick up the pump, free of charge if it works. I found out the other day that hes been selling parts to a friend of mine with 2 goldwings at cut rate prices for months.

He seems like a pretty solid guy to me. Sure, maybe a bit of a drama magnet, but many people are. Its not my place to judge the mod's decision to ban him, as I wasn't there, so Ill say no more about it after this, but I will say that I've been around forums with ban-happy mods before, and it does nothing but chip away at the community, and trash talking banned members does nothing but pat yourselves on the back.

·
Administrator
58,756 Posts
That is the first time in 10 years that I have banned a member, and was not a decision that was made in haste.

The banning was a joint vote among all who were involved in that conversation. I asked them what they wanted done about CM85, and I followed their suggestions.

·
Administrator
58,756 Posts
Lemen

The man earned his just rewards, and I am not worried about that issue.

but, just to make it a slight bit better for some folk's thoughts, I replaced his full name with CM85.

We all came up here to Sioux Falls, SD really hoping that all of his secretive, close to the vest, actions would really be negated by us being surprised with every promise that he made to us, actually being true.

CM85 did not once get anything done that he promised:
He did not secure us a location, he only scoped out a few, and we forced him to work with Cloud9, but the deal was done by our coordinators.

He never, ever, went to the available camping sites to see what they have, and give us maps. That all had to be done with our own members doing the research via the internet..... and one of our members called the KOA and made all arrangements with them via telephone.

The raffle he wanted to do is illegal in the state of South Dakota,
The Food Truck he promised would be here each morning was vaporware,
The interactions with Motoplex was more hot air, they don't even know who he is,
local Goldwing motorcyclists we have talked to have never heard of him before this week's event.

I'm sorry it had to turn out like it did, all of us would really have had more fun talking to someone who is congenial and fun to be with and who actually provided us with information and facilities to use without us having to figure it all out after we got here.

But all we heard was how great he is, and how his constant chain smoking blow it in your face turned us off...

He earned his pennant, let him take it home.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Despite the drama.....a lot of us had a great run and loved Sioux Falls. CM85 should have stepped up or stepped away, and with his rare appearances and demeanor he did neither. I was definitely giving him the benefit of the doubt as Azgl1800 had said, and figure he was going to put out an amazing product. In a sense he did, we got to meet Andy and Oriala (Big Ike) who have become very close to some of us.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Maybe a little change of subject here. I have heard of NASSIR but really do not know anything about it. I assume its a big get together somewhere (every year)? I would like to know more about it if someone could direct me to a site or give me the 10 second tour.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
121 - 140 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.