Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I read in the newspapers last week here in Ireland ,that a district court judge is going to jail drunk drivers for at least 7 days ,I think they should be jailed for 7 months,they has no regard for life or limb ,Recently on my way back from Birr in County offaly ,I came around a bend to almost collide with a stationary car stopped in the middle of the road at 11 pm on a wet night ,I stopped the bike without falling off and went back to the car fuming with temper ,The guy was so drunk that he was asleep across the steering wheel ,with the engine running and lights full on ,I pulled him out of the car and got in myself ,I drove the car up on to the ditch at the side of the road ,I was so proud of my parking ,I managed to get all four wheels stuck in the mud ,,and then I threw the keys so far away that you would need a metal dectector to find them ,I then managed to lift the plonker back into his car and called the police and left ....I got back on my bike and went home ,happy at the thought that maybe I had saved some poor unfortunate person serious injury or death ..

Every weekend in Ireland we hear of single car crashes and death ,not all drink related ,but most are ..So I say Jail them for 7 months and the word will get out and I also think the publican should be held partlly responsible ,because most of these people drink in their local pub and the publican knows there are drunk and are driving a car ,,,,I am going to sign off now before I really get wound up ...cheers Ciaran

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi John ,

thanks for that info .I will stay there the next time ,I was just soooo mad that night ,I could of been killed and that plonker would have probably walked away ,,Maybe you should do an article on the site about the law and drunk drivers so we are all aware ,,although you have covered it well in your reply ,I dont mind people drinking and having a great time ,but I draw the line when they take charge of a people killer ,which is what a car is while been driven by drunk,,talk to you soon ,,btw are you going to the French treffen this year ?there is a wing ding on in brittany the week before the treffen ,so it will be a 10 day trip ..cheers Ciaran

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.