Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Today, I rode out to Siuslaw Falls (sigh-you-slaw) , which is about 25miles from here. Not far at all, but It was really a grocery run (only 2 miles roundtrip:goofygrin:). It county highway. Nicely maintained, almost no traffic at all, and just the right amount and shape of twisties...

On the way back, as I rolled through a long 45mph sweeper, the bike sitting at 3000 rpm, It occurred to me that there is three kinds of smooth.

1. smooth like a baby's cheek.

2. smooth like talking a phone number out of a girl

and

3. smooth like a goldwing on long sweeper...

After I got back to town, I snagged some nice rib eyes, and slapped them on the grill. My house is on a sleepy river, so we sat on the deck and enjoyed. What a day!

:waving::clapper::waving:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

UBARW, that sounded like one of those days that, make it all worth while.:)

Over here, we tend to judge the riding more by the weather conditions, than by the roads!! We are experiencing a heatwave at the moment, without the usual thunderstorms that tend to go hand in hand with the sunshine.

Friday night, was one of those "smooth" evenings for us.

Girlfriend suggested the ride! ( that was a good sign straight away)

Lovely warm evening, rode through some county lanes for 20mls or so, stopped at one of those quaint country pubs and sat in their garden and had a drink.

Carried on riding a while longer, then headed for home.

All made particularly sweet because the bike is just back from the workshop, tuned to perfection, and running beautifully.

Had "Dire Straits" playing on the stereo and life was wonderful!:banana::toast::cooler:

Pete

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
imported post

Anytime you can be on 2 wheels instead of 4 is a sweet ride, It's nice to have that "Perfect Road" to cut loose on. I had one when I lived in Colorado, would run up the mountain and knew it like the back of my hand. I had A Suzuki Cavalcade at the time. Man I really miss that road!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

33zip wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
Had "Dire Straits" playing on the stereo and life was wonderful!:banana::toast::cooler:

Pete

Here, here! Long live Mark Knopfler. :band:
Yeah, he's great, been to see him here a couple of times recently, he is still hot.:banana:

Telegraph Roads my favorite of his:cooler:

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Silverfox wrote:
stopped at one of those quaint country pubs and sat in their garden and had a drink.

OF WHAT ! !

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:
Don't get your Knickers in a twist Redwing, Helen had a vodka Malibu and orange, but I has a pineapple juice and lemonade, no ice. I NEVER drink and ride/drive, not even one. I have enough difficulty keeping the :15grey:upright without a drink inside me.

Hard to believe as it might be, from some of my postings, I am not really a drinking man... I probably drive others to it though!!:alco:

Pete

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Smooth is thatideal piece of road when the bike is running perfectly, no odd noises, just a smooth purr, and the passing breeze.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
Smooth is thatideal piece of road when the bike is running perfectly, no odd noises, just a smooth purr, and the passing breeze.
Amen, Brother.

Tonite, I rode out to and around one of the two lakes within 10 miles of here. As I rounded the east end, and doubled back to the west... The Sun was just dipping below the hills. With the lake in front, as I rolled through the sweeper at the shallow end of the lake, I could see the hot orange glow, with purple hi-lites, reflecting on the lake. The water was mirror smooth. The bike was purring. The air was cool.

How cool is that...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
I have been out looking for that road, over here, I am not sure it exists, the bike bit is fine , but you need a Paris Dakar, trail bike for the roads, the utility companies have dug 'em all up and filled them like a blind man with a pitchfork!!!:whip:

Pete

and EbarW, sorry , but where was your camera on this ocassion:baffled:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
rcmatt007 wrote:
and in regards to redwing NEVER whilst riding
Good man rcmatt007. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:
of course not... might spill the scotch.... LOL
many many moons ago I did driveonce after a couple of pints (as merry and pippin say, "it comes in pints?") when I leaned into the first turn... fortunately stayed up but rode VERY slow home and never again

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Smooooooooth to me was this weekend...

Driving down a back country road, following my wife on her bike, my son riding on the back of the goldy....

The only bad part was knowing we would have to head home soon:baffled:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Smooooooooth to me was this weekend...

Driving down a back country road, following my wife on her bike, my son riding on the back of the goldy....

The only bad part was knowing we would have to head home soon:baffled:
Yes that's smooooth, almost same scenario, but girlfriend on back of Wing and son on his Kwaka 500. Just, I am probably a little older than you:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
I'll be 34 (on Mon) my wife will be 36 (on Tue) my son is 9. He is a bit yong to be out on the road yet:cool:but he wants to:clapper:
yeah i was right you are all knee high to a grasshopper compared to me! My son is 23 and has got the bug of riding, but Helen preferes to watch the world go bye. Happy birthdays to you both for next week. Time will fly and you will be buying the ankle biter a bike before you know it!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
yeah i was right you are all knee high to a grasshopper compared to me! My son is 23 and has got the bug of riding, but Helen preferes to watch the world go bye. Happy birthdays to you both for next week. Time will fly and you will be buying the ankle biter a bike before you know it!!

Pete

Thanx.... We got the lil digger one of those west coast chopper pedal bikes the same color as our bikes (red and black) and he loves it....

I am going to find him a small bike soon:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Thanx.... We got the lil digger one of those west coast chopper pedal bikes the same color as our bikes (red and black) and he loves it....

I am going to find him a small bike soon:waving:
Be careful he doesn't develop a V-twin attachment!:cheeky1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.