Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guys,

I'm finally able to make out to the garage to work on the 76 gl1000 and I've noticed the throttle cables are not moving freely.... I can't seem to find a diagram of the proper route for them... does one exist? Anyone have any sage advice?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

This is a bit tricky to explain without pictures but I will try. From the grip to behind the headlight going into that area above the right hand headlight ear. Then across in front of the steering neck. There it will enter the shelter area above the cross member. It will runparallel to the frame back and across the cross tube above the back edge of the carbs. The cables go down between the last cross member and the front of the fuel tank. There is a basic diagram in the Honda Shop Manual.

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

In the Honda service manual there is a couple of pictures that show the routing. It's in the 'Engine Removal & Installation' section. Mine shows it on page 4-14 which is the last page of the section.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks guys.. I guess I just missed it in the manual. I'm hoping bad routing is causing a REALLY stiff throttle.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

I route mine outside the frame, hang just below the false tank, on the 2/4 side, bigger curves less binding and it makes getting carbs out much easier..

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

Try taking the cover off the handlebar assembly and putting a little oil- WD40 etc. in there. It will work it's way down the cables. Worked for me.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I've got a cable luber that I'll use now that I have the cables detached at the handle bar... I'm also going to clean up the throttle sleeve and the handlebar tube.

Should there be or is there a lubricant I can/should use between the sleeve and the handlebar itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.