Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Since I had my motor out and reinstalled it I've been getting the little bugs out here and there.

Now that everything's back together my idle speed will increase when I turn the handle bars. I never removed the cables completely only disconnected them from the throttle bracket and it would do it slightly before the engine removal but now it's more pronounced and when I took it out for a ride the throttle was very slowto decrease when I went to shift. One thing I did notice when I was removing everything, the lower cable on the bracket (I'm assuming its the pull cable?) had a lot of slack in it, so much that it hung down and wasn't a problem disconnecting. Ive looked through both Haynes and Honda's shop manuals but the only adjustment I'm seeing is one for the throttle play. Also the pictures are pretty bad but from what I can see the cables are still routed properly.

Does anyone have any better pictures of the cables routing and/or info on what the adjustment procedures are to the throttle bracket? Also are the cables suppose to be zip tied to the frame on the left side somewhere?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)

Blessings,

TW

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Your pull cable may be broken.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
imported post

usually on the right or left side of the breather housing,
don't run them through the hole where the rad fan goes stay above everything

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I was thinking that that cable might be broken. I've ordered new cables anyway, I like to know things are right before I head off down the road.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.