Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello,

I am in need of a throttle lock fot my GL1100. Is there one available ? I have on on my BMW K75 and it is invaluable for allowing me to shake my hand to get the numbness out..;)

Regards

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
imported post

The Vista Cruise is what I have on my 1100, and it works well. I've even seen them at most local Honda shops for about 15-20 dollars.

Jack

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
imported post

I have the Vista-Cruise on my '83, works great. Just a suggestion to go with it, check into adding a hand rest for your throttle grip also (your hand rest flat at normal highway speeds, a little more pressure to accelerate, a little less to decelerate). They are only about $10 and worth every ounce in gold. They keep you from having to "grip" for the whole ride. Not a replacement for the throttle lock though, you still may want to take your hand off and rest a minute so get both. Also, be careful after installing the hand rest until you are used to it. You may tend to press down on the right bar in slow right turns which will cause heavy acceleration until you re-adjust to having it on there. Blessings!

-Mark

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Thats a goo dtip about the hand rest, they do relieve the strain on the wrist much better than a throttle lock.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

If you get a throttle lock make sure you put some grease on the contact area as they can wear away the throttle sleeve.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Vista sells two different types of throttle locks. One is all nylon and its preformance veries as the tempature changes. I have had two of the cheap ones and was allways trying to adjust them to make them work. The other type uses a metel ring. It ususally cost about 10 dollars more but they work great put them on adjust them once and they work. Look for a throttle lock that looks like the one pictured here

Click here: Vista Cruise Throttle Lock installation on a Kawasaki Vulcan VN800 with Kuryakyn IsoGrips

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wolfej1, did you ever find a "Throttle Lock" ?:baffled:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.