Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Honda Aspencade, 112,000 + miles
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, the horn issue is fixed, now on to the next problem. The twist grip does not return quickly like it used to, if fact it will hardly return at all. I have to rotate it back to slow down, if I let go of the grip is stays about the same. The cruise works as it should, is there a spring issue or is the throttle controlled by vacuum. The bike has not been ridden a lot in the last two years, throttle cables need lubed? Also found the rear tire has some cracks in the left sidewall, so before anyone posts, "Why aren't we riding?" you can see why.:laugh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kinda funny. I had a 93 Aspy with the same problem. I lubed the cables and pulled the grip and cleaned and lubed the throttle tube. All was well after that.

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
OK, the horn issue is fixed, now on to the next problem. The twist grip does not return quickly like it used to, if fact it will hardly return at all. I have to rotate it back to slow down, if I let go of the grip is stays about the same. The cruise works as it should, is there a spring issue or is the throttle controlled by vacuum. The bike has not been ridden a lot in the last two years, throttle cables need lubed? Also found the rear tire has some cracks in the left sidewall, so before anyone posts, "Why aren't we riding?" you can see why.:laugh:

What corrected the "horn" issue....??

Your answer could help someone else with a similar issue.

Others have provided good suggestions about your "throttle return" issue....!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts