Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi
I've just noticed a faint ticking sound coming from engine compartment mostly audible to my left ear or that side of bike while riding. This only does it accelerating and when engine is at normal operating temperature.
Is this a major concern?
thanks Bug.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

no i have not. i ride it almost everyday and it just started the faint ticking noise at normal temperature,but not when cold.
thanks ill consider the foam.
ralph

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

does anyone else here ever had this same experience? if so what did you do?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

mine ticks its the joint between the collecter box and the silencers blowing a little i remove thm fairly often in the past :)) my clamps need replacing

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

collector box and the silencers. ok, i will look into that.maybe my clamps are worn or in need of replacing too.
thank you

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Check the Chrome Nuts, that hold the exhaust manifold to the engine... If they are loose, or missing, then it will create a ticking sound.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Welcome ., You dont mention the miles on your bike so assume normal for the year. Check for exhaust leaks as described , check for spark leak by removing left side plastic cover to access spark wires and plugs. At night or in a dark garage , start up and let warm to op. temp. then spray bottle water on spark wires and plugs , look for arcing. A spark leak will produce a faint click as you described but to hear it while riding would take a good ear. I would try the Seafoam flush to clean the valve train as a lazy lifter is probably causing the tick. Be sure to follow the instructions on the can .

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thank you Crazy 88
I will get a chance to follow thru with suggestions hopefully to day after work.
yesterday was a full day from 6am-10 last night,hopefully this evening i can devote time to the bike.
mileage is 67000 on bike.
thanks for responding i feel like my request has been heard and solutions have now been giving to me. next step is to the garage to check it out.
Thanks again Ralph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.