Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
25,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time change is worse than traveling to different time zones. I've been up for 19 hours now and still not feeling like I could go to sleep. It takes me a month to get used to it then in a few more months it happens again.

·
Magic Moderator
4,492 Posts
I wish they'd discontinue daylight saving time, this time change messes with me badly until I get used to it and by the time I do its time change all over again.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
DST switches don't worry me so much because they are gunna switch back. It's those damn Leap Seconds that really F me up! Once a Leap Second is dolled out, it doesn't get taken back. Right now, International Atomic Time (TAI) leads Universal Time Coordinate (UTC) by 37 seconds!! That's a lifetime when it comes to computational transactions and GPS satellite synchronizations! Not to mention that it's made my sundials totally obsolete! And the worst thing about Leap Seconds is that they show up whenever! Just a bunch of guys in a smoke-filled back room that decide, "yea, next year, lets just add an extra second to the calendar". Absolutely no consideration on the impacts to Stonehenge! So we're randomly forced to just sit around, waiting for some unnamed Cesium atoms to vibrate 9,192,631,770 times. I don't know about you, but I didn't vote for no damn Cesium Atoms!

And why TAI for International Atomic Time? That's totally backwards! I bet it's a French thing.

F' the slowing rotation of the earth!

Reactions: nobbie

·
Administrator
25,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DST switches don't worry me so much because they are gunna switch back. It's those damn Leap Seconds that really F me up! Once a Leap Second is dolled out, it doesn't get taken back. Right now, International Atomic Time (TAI) leads Universal Time Coordinate (UTC) by 37 seconds!! That's a lifetime when it comes to computational transactions and GPS satellite synchronizations! Not to mention that it's made my sundials totally obsolete! And the worst thing about Leap Seconds is that they show up whenever! Just a bunch of guys in a smoke-filled back room that decide, "yea, next year, lets just add an extra second to the calendar". Absolutely no consideration on the impacts to Stonehenge! So we're randomly forced to just sit around, waiting for some unnamed Cesium atoms to vibrate 9,192,631,770 times. I don't know about you, but I didn't vote for no damn Cesium Atoms!

And why TAI for International Atomic Time? That's totally backwards! I bet it's a French thing.

F' the slowing rotation of the earth!
I didn't know about leap seconds, now something else to worry about. :wink2:
I don't know why I let it bother me (DST), I'm retired so it doesn't matter. I guess I'm so OCD I have to follow the clock anyway.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
450 Posts
This switch back to standard time is the one that bothers me. Takes about a month to get used to "sleeping in". Then it's getting dark at 5:00. My body clock can't handle it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts