Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After surviving a reckless youth spent on overpowered sport bikes chasing obscene speeds andhustlingnitrous-illusioned HD riders for money in illegal drag races at Daytona Bike Week, I've finally settled down.I no longer wishto be mistaken for thisnew breed ofbig-bore sportbike rider/stunter, and my desire to explore this beautiful country has overridden my need for speed. When this merciless Florida summer finally comes to an end sometime in October, I will be purchasing my first Goldwing. To keep costs reasonable, I'll start with a 1500, but I'll be in a position to get an 1800 before long if I like it. My main reason for joining this forum is to settle the whole "1500 vs. 1800" debate in my mind, and figure out how to "bulletproof" my motorcycle. I look forward to any opinions on the subject!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Welcome marcellus wallace. :waving:

There's nothing to figure out the"1500 vs. 1800" debate. There is no right or wrong answer....it all depends on you. Some swear up and down, once you drive an 1800, you will buy one. Didn't work with me.

Whatever you end up with, you won't regret the decision to buy a wing. IMHO, of course.

·
Premium Member
4,472 Posts
imported post

Welcome Aboard!:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the state of Pennsylvania!

·
Premium Member
20,611 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!!:cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum,:clapper: from sunny Southern California:cool:It's all about riding

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
imported post

hello and welcome to the forum marcellus. first there is no " wrong " goldwing to buy form members have all years of goldwing because thats their preferance. is an 1800 better than a 500 better than a 1200 better than an 1100 better thana 1000 wing? well i've ridden a 1000, 1200 and 1500 and like them all for different reasons. they say that the 1500 has the most room and i like room and they say the 1800 has the most power , well i like power but riding my nieces 1000 wing was a lot of fun

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Marcellus, mikef gave the truest and simplest answer to the question, and that is that there is no answer. It's the great thing about bikes, find the one that fits YOUR wants and needs and ride it with pride.

You ask anyone of us which is the best Goldwing out there and we'll all point to our own bikes. I'd advise you query the members that own either a 1500 or 1800 about their rides, what they like nad don't like. Trust me, we all like spouting off about what we like about and don't like about our wings. Truth is, the debate will probably be quite amusing as well as informative.

Whichever one you choose it will a great ride, second only to the GL1100.

And before I forget...welcome to a great forum.

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hi,
I agree, not any single right answer.
I for one wish they kept making the 1500. I am partial to it. To me it's more comfortable... a road sofa as they say. The 1800 feels smaller to me. But the 1800 is more agile and powerful. Don't get me wrong, the 1500 is plenty powerful and I ride mine peg to peg. but they say that the 1800 is better, at least if you like to be agressive.
The down side to a 1500 is going to be the age. The bikes are very reliable, but not perfect. No machine can beat time forever. That being said, I'm happy with the 1500. Some day when all the 1500's are all worn out, I may have to upgrade to an 1800, or a 2100 or what ever comes next, but until that day comes, I like the 1500 best.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

BIG WELCOME and Hope to hear a lot from you on this great site. :clapper:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the advice. I'll be ready to purchase a 1500 in the middle of September, so I'll start seriously looking a few weeks prior. I'm willing to fly anywhere in the southeastern USA for the right deal!

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
Whichever one you choose it will a great ride, second only to the GL1100

:action: SO true :cool:

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
imported post

Hello from Washington state.:waving:

Enjoy the forums.:)

Tib:cool:

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome. In the process of building my first Wing, the good people on this forum have helped me out a lot; Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
imported post

Welcome from Oklahoma, enjoy tis great site:waving:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.