Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thanks everyone for the help in removing my front wheel. This rant is not aimed at you or anyone else on this forum, so here goes.

Wheel removed for new front tyre, due to loose mudguard causing the eagle(?) emblem screws to gouge a lovely groove in the tyre.

No problem, with the wheel out methinks I'll just replace the four bolts holding the mudguard on, easy you think ?

Walk into hardware shop and purchase four shiny new bolts of the same size, go home after work to refit mudguard, wheel etc. Not looking forward to this as it's chucking it down with the wet stuff.

Oh how I laughed when I find that the mudguard bolts I had taken out and used for reference were 1mm smaller and had been superglued in.

I am still laughing now.

I will hunt down the evil doer and lay waste to his vegetable patch be warned !!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:bash2: Required for such situations. :cooldevil: Kit

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

You've been outsmarted by small metal fasteners, superglue and the power of human laziness.

Time for a pint.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Beer number five is being dispatched humanely as I type

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Know where your coming from. I had to replace three of mine (all there were), but had to find the special nut plate for the inside, that was the hard part. Ended up a month later I found it from a supplier in Washington, said he normally did not sell just the nut plates. In my case it had to be nut plates as a regular nut would have been too close to the tire.

·
Lock and Key Guru
1,030 Posts
imported post

:headbanger:Deep breaths :headbanger:count to ten then:blackstuff::blackstuff::blackstuff::blackstuff::blackstuff:,but steady on,:D we got a ride to do:action::action::action:see you on 22nd

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yup. Ride on the 22nd.

I am away from midday tomorrow until wednesday so as you can see running out of time, and dry clothes.

Hardware shop for opening time in the morning, then hope nothing else kicks me in the behind, otherwise rant number 2 will follow soon.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

And will I have time to balance the carbs before then:gunhead:

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

had the same or similar problem. Now have three bolts the same and one a differant size as had to re tap the hole after drilling out broken stud. why oh why did mother honda hake the damned bolts for this baby so flimsey. Also found that the whole assemble was more stable when the speedo guide stays were removed off the mud guard. This seemed to be quite happy just hanging in mid air.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Wait until you find out that your windscreen is super glued to the fairing..
By the way when balancing the carbs make sure you have two on the starboard and two on the port else you've wasted the first hour sliding those lead weights under the saddle back and forth.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Hey Ozzy,

Did you buy that Apsy new? It looks like the one that I sold in Germany in 1988. I've been hoping to find the current owner of my beautiful bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Had Tiffany as she is now called for all of three months.

Years of riding sportsbikes and saying "never have a Goldwing", why didn't Ido it sooner?

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
imported post

Being that it is an '83, it must be an American spec bike. Do you know any of the ownership history?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Other than she's had 10 previous owners, I have no more history for her.

Oh and I am now in the doghouse thanks. Paperwork everywhere looking for the documents for her.

"Yes dearest. I am just coming to tidy it all up." You get the picture.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Tiffany!!!!!!! I am riding to Yorkshire with a guy and his bike called Tiffany!!!!????:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1:

you got a carb ballancing kit Ozzy?

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

No carb balancing kit.

By the way, the satnav is Belinda. I don't like to be lonely when I am riding !!!!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

ozzy57 wrote:
No carb balancing kit.

By the way, the satnav is Belinda. I don't like to be lonely when I am riding !!!!
I have a carb balancing kit if you wanna borrow it mate, if we could arrange for you to get your mitts on it?

Might want to check the label on the meds mate.... Bellinda!!!!!!:doh::kissing:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

ozzy57 wrote:
I named my GPS "Gabby" as it is worse than my wife at telling me where to go.:clapper:

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

Big E wrote:
I named my GPS "Gabby" as it is worse than my wife at telling me where to go.:clapper:
We affectionately refer to ours as "The Nag".

Guess you know why.

PT

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Okay, I give up on you lot, there is no hope for you!!!:cheeky1::cheeky1:

( ps,,,, we calll the sat nag, "Stella":D)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.