Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi Goldwing Guru's. I have the opportunity to buy a used engine from an 81 Interstate. I know that the engines are simular but what about the changes that would be on an 82 Aspencade. What are the electrical differences between the Interstate and the Aspencade?

What about the transmission should I change that over to? I have been told that the Carbs are different from 81 to 82, is this true?

If there is anything else that would need to be changed over, please let me know.

Thanks

LLF

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Only until you get into the '83 models do you see any real changes. There are no special electrical changes, except the coils are different, but that's not part of the motor.

You do NOT want to change the transmission, it's part of engine innards. Don't go into the motor unless you really have to.

How many miles, kilometers, etc... are on the new motor?

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Hi Sam and thanks for the reply. There is 60 thousand k's on this engine. I have not seen the engine yet and I do not know how well it runs.

So what about the carbs. Can I use the carbs off the 82 that I have on the 81 engine?

Thanks

LLF

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

There should not be enough difference in the carbs to get excited about. They may have made some changes, but it wasn't much.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

82-83 carbs are easery to clean up. the biggest differntance being the idle jets were removeable easyer on the 82-83 carbs. either carb set will work on the 1100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.